El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m swapping my V6 for a mildish SBC. Do y’all know the specs of the stock 229ci radiator before I pull it so I can order the proper replacement? Wanting a 2 row aluminum but want to use stock fan&shroud. Any suggestions? Trying to minimize the time off the road and I know y’all have a lot of great info! TIA!

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I’m swapping my V6 for a mildish SBC. Do y’all know the specs of the stock 229ci radiator before I pull it so I can order the proper replacement? Wanting a 2 row aluminum but want to use stock fan&shroud. Any suggestions? Trying to minimize the time off the road and I know y’all have a lot of great info! TIA!
The V6 shroud will be too long, I don't know if shortening it is possible. I gave my original V8 shroud to another ElCo owner that was doing the same swap. As far as the radiator is concerned a factory replacement for a V8 from just about any aftermarket place should do well. I went with electric fans because my set-up was made for it. I'm going to do an electric fan conversion on my 04 Sierra after seeing the difference in throttle response and cooling efficiency ( A/C is even cooler) in a friend's 03 Silverado. It's amazing how much those clutch fans rob from the engine. Just something to consider.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts