El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would like to have a meet & greet in Gainesville FL & Trips down the 1/4 mile track at the Gainesville raceway ?
On Saturdays they hold the Summit E.T. Series racing ! I would like to have a get together on the days the open the gates at 11:00.
They will block off parking spots for us in the pits, So we can park the Caminos,Sprints,Caballeros together !! They will be racing all day & into the night !
I talked to the big boss man at the track & he said that we can run down the 1/4 in between rounds. As many times as you want ! He said he can do us like the test & tune night they have !
There will be a $10.00 admission fee to get in & $15 more if you want to run down the track ! You will get time slip(s) !
He said he might give us a discount, It all depends how many show up !
Here is a couple of dates they open at 11:00. June 2nd Or Sept. 15.
I do know some owners of hotels & I can try to get discounts for people that would like to stay a night or 2 !
This is for everybody not just region 6 Fl.
So please let me know if you would like to do this ! & What date would you prefer !!
Thanks !!

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Great job getting this up there for consideration by all Steve! Be sure to add info on the possible Friday evening cruise for those who would come in from out of town ahead of time.

:beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Steve, I raced Top Gas bikes @ gainesville for 25 years or so. I love the track.It sounds like fun. My experiernces show that while the management often make many promises, due to circumstances, often beyond the manager's control, the number of runs can be very limited.Oildowns, showers, broken cars and typical staging lane confusion can have you waiting for hours to make a lap.
For those who have never run 1320 with time slips it is a thrill.
I hung up my racing spurs when I turned 65, but, for this I might come out to play. Put me in the interested column for now. It is only a 1 1/2 hour run up there for me.Sounds like a blast.
James

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I could make the June date but not September.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,691 Posts
This sounds great and so glad that several of you have already expressed an interest . Steve has taken the initiative to provide a get together in Gainesville for everyone that can make it . We have been in contact for some time and he deserved a big THANK YOU , as he has spent a lot of behind the scenes time and energy on our behalf . This get together may open the door to something that Jay , Randy , Tony and I have been hoping to do for a long time . That is to find a way to get our northern and western members to come out for events . In the last few years , we have sent out hundreds of PM`s to members trying to accomplish this and those that have answered have said that if something is held close enough to them , they would attend . Sooo , while it`s not in everyone`s back yard , please make a real effort to make this happen . All it needs is you attendance . Steve , please ignore the lengthy PM I sent you a few minutes ago and thanks again !! :nanawrench:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,683 Posts
A good start to a great day for those that like the hot weather June will do it, September is Love bug time and that no one can tell for sure. So I pick the September date and hope for the best " no Love bugs". Good job so racers get staged and good food and fun for all.

Remember everyone also right after this above meet in then works, is the 7th ANNUAL NPD OCALA ALL GM SHOW at Silver Springs, FL OCTOBER 6 Watch for registration on NPD site first 500 are free. This has been a Region 6 Meet for all, for four year in a row.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds great! Im only in Daytona so I don't see why I can't be there. My elky won't be able to come, she's a work in progress. but ill come to hang out and meet everyone!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sounds fun!

Who would like to have a meet & greet in Gainesville FL & Trips down the 1/4 mile track at the Gainesville raceway ?
On Saturdays they hold the Summit E.T. Series racing ! I would like to have a get together on the days the open the gates at 11:00.
They will block off parking spots for us in the pits, So we can park the Caminos,Sprints,Caballeros together !! They will be racing all day & into the night !
I talked to the big boss man at the track & he said that we can run down the 1/4 in between rounds. As many times as you want ! He said he can do us like the test & tune night they have !
There will be a $10.00 admission fee to get in & $15 more if you want to run down the track ! You will get time slip(s) !
He said he might give us a discount, It all depends how many show up !
Here is a couple of dates they open at 11:00. June 2nd Or Sept. 15.
I do know some owners of hotels & I can try to get discounts for people that would like to stay a night or 2 !
This is for everybody not just region 6 Fl.
So please let me know if you would like to do this ! & What date would you prefer !!
Thanks !!
Sounds cool! Gainesville isn't too far of a drive for me and hopefully by June or September I can drive my Elky down for a little weekend fun!:beer:

·
Registered
71 Posts
My husbands 1980 camaro might be done my then, can we bring it, and race it maybe?

1 - 20 of 261 Posts