El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, R/T here.

Are any of you near west central Florida, (Wesley Chapel)?
Looking forward to meeting other El Camino owners as soon as this covid mess is over.
I recently bought a nice driver quality 87 Choo Choo. After years of spending money modifying vehicles to show and drag race, I decided (with wife's help) to get rid of my beloved money pit and get something I liked and would not modify. I have always liked El Caminos so I began looking for something a little special. Found one and wife is happy, no modifications needed to make it look nice.

W e l l, you know how that goes. The next thing you know a bed cover arrived (no problem so far, she thought that was good idea). Changing from 14" wheels to 15" which meant new tires caused her to shake her head and say "The tires on the truck were like new, why did you spend all that money just for different wheels". Wait till she finds out a have ordered a new radio that is satellite and Bluetooth ready.

Anyway, over the years I have found out that there is no twelve point program for modification addicts.

Let me know where you are

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Nathan. I’m in SoFL. Bought my Elky April 2019. Wife also loved it. Until I started modifying. Then the “I thought you said it needed nothing!” began. It’s in our genes. We wrench, we fix, we mod! Congrats on your ChooChoo. I’d also would love to attend the next meet.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,563 Posts
Hi, R/T here.

Are any of you near west central Florida, (Wesley Chapel)?
Looking forward to meeting other El Camino owners as soon as this covid mess is over.
I recently bought a nice driver quality 87 Choo Choo. After years of spending money modifying vehicles to show and drag race, I decided (with wife's help) to get rid of my beloved money pit and get something I liked and would not modify. I have always liked El Caminos so I began looking for something a little special. Found one and wife is happy, no modifications needed to make it look nice.

W e l l, you know how that goes. The next thing you know a bed cover arrived (no problem so far, she thought that was good idea). Changing from 14" wheels to 15" which meant new tires caused her to shake her head and say "The tires on the truck were like new, why did you spend all that money just for different wheels". Wait till she finds out a have ordered a new radio that is satellite and Bluetooth ready.

Anyway, over the years I have found out that there is no twelve point program for modification addicts.

Let me know where you are
Good morning Nathan , Good to see and we appreciate that you have been so active since joining El Camino Central . As you know , I am down in the Key West , Florida area . If you ever find that 12 point program for car modification addicts let a bunch of us know ! Whenever I want to purchase or add one more thing to my 87 , my wife uses my saying that " all men are lairs " 😁

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems like most of you are on the east coast, (or Gainesville). Oh well I will still join in when I can. Is there anybody over here on the west coast, Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, Tampa, Lakeland, Bradenton, Ft Myers, etc...….....

·
Registered
99 Posts
It seems like most of you are on the east coast, (or Gainesville). Oh well I will still join in when I can. Is there anybody over here on the west coast, Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, Tampa, Lakeland, Bradenton, Ft Myers, etc...….....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just moved to Port Charlotte......81 elco.....anyone in my area?...moved from Michigan and bought JUST before the lock down.....ready to rumble!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MiStarMan, Thanks for your reply. I am a new member with a new to me Camino myself. If you are interested, when we can travel, how about meeting for lunch somewhere between Port Charlotte and Wesley Chapel. Looking forward to meeting fellow members.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MiStarMan, just checked to see how far away you are. Ellenton seems to be about mid point. There are quite a few places there for lunch. Let me know what you think

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
we have several members on west coast , I'm on the east coast near Melbourne . One is in Indian Rocks Beach , one near Bradenton , one near Venice etc.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Check out the plant city monthly cruise. Usually a couple members there. Also not very active on here but Tyrone Johnson in Lakeland.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Orlando South between airport and Disney off OBT. Near Gator land.85 Elco Stock except for pipes and small stuff. weekly driver/second car. 80000 miles. Purchased at Turkey Run Daytona 3 1/2 years ago. shows I've done.....Gainsville raceway (2 meets)..see Gainsville back country Cruise...about 20 El Caminos cruising the area around Gainsville fun time.... Cops and Cars, Rock and Brews, Ace Cafe (monthly Meet.. Central Florida Classic Truck Club)... and some other one time shows.
Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
We're in Valrico (Brandon). Not too far from you. I'd love to get together and have lunch sometime. I have an '85 Caballero as a daily driver that I've been working on for about 5 years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes chevylovr, we would love to meet you whenever convenient for you. Looking forward to meeting you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts