El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we going to get a notice of a members birthday like we did before ?
Every time I look at the birthday part of the members it says this "No users match the specified criteria"

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
It seems they want to focus only on the car issues, not the members with the remake. ( Yes I won't let the regional location issue die )

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Looks like we are giving up the community thought, which in my opinion, makes the group stronger. I guess you need to do what you think is best.

·
Administrator
808 Posts
Are we going to get a notice of a members birthday like we did before ?
Every time I look at the birthday part of the members it says this "No users match the specified criteria"
The birthdays displayed if users pick to have them displayed. This link is where birthdays would show up: Today's birthdays
It is not uncommon for people to not want their birthdays published to minimize the amount of personal identifiable information posted publicly.
-Philip

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The birthdays displayed if users pick to have them displayed. This link is where birthdays would show up: Today's birthdays
It is not uncommon for people to not want their birthdays published to minimize the amount of personal identifiable information posted publicly.
-Philip
we know about people not putting their Birthdays in, but with over 30,000 members there should be somebody's name pop up in the birthday window, sounds like it's not working ?
Also is there a way it will give use a message about somebody's birthday or do we have to go look for it ?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems they want to focus only on the car issues, not the members with the remake. ( Yes I won't let the regional location issue die )
Agree Chuck, this new system will not let us search for members in our area, will not tell use when a new members joins our area, also we can't send mass messages for them to join us at events in our area !
Seems like this new system is not members friendly ?

Also did you see the guy said about your post ?
Could you elaborate on this?
-Philip

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
On the old format, when I sent happy birthday wishes, I was told , If members weren't active in the last 30 days not to post. I was fine with that choice. As a result, I tried sending email birthday messages to members not participating, with the idea they would say hi and see what's going on. My idea is this site was a family of El Camino owners. Something is missing to keep the family alive.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On the old format, when I sent happy birthday wishes, I was told , If members weren't active in the last 30 days not to post. I was fine with that choice. As a result, I tried sending email birthday messages to members not participating, with the idea they would say hi and see what's going on. My idea is this site was a family of El Camino owners. Something is missing to keep the family alive.
That's why I made this thread because you always wished people a great Bday & every time I checked there was no Bdays ! So hope they will fix it & make this site more membership friendly ? And like you said to make this site a family of El Camino owners, Which it seems not like that now ! You always said their name in the Bday wishes but we can't do that know because it doesn't show their name when you hover on the used id,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts