El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got to remove the transmission pan. The previous owner stated he had a shift kit installed and second gear started to make noise and slip. I didnt drive it enough to hear it but when i pulled the pan there was metal. The pieces are thin short pieces. They dont look to be from the clutch packs im thinking the second gear band. What would you guys suggest, take apart and rebuil or get another tranny. I am on a very tight budget now, i can rebuild it i know how its done just never done one. What kit would you recommend.? I am not sure what shift kit was installed so what would be best? Thanks..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tranny ?

We need more info please. Tranny type, fluid condition, etc. Photos are the best.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some images of what came out of the pan. The fluid condition looked pretty clean besides the metal. Tranny is a th350.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Not good, looks like it will be time for you to do your first one.
Trans Go is the kit Tranny Mike always recommends.
You might PM so he can see.
Donny

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well direct drum sprag is busted.. bearing exploded...lol...have a new one coming, all parts are still new so will just clean it all, got new hardened sprag and bearing. New shiftkit coming also....

here are images;

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yup you lost the sprag,very common when you put a shift kit in a stock 350 without the upgraded sprag

·
Registered
58 Posts
not trying to jack the thread but i also have a th350 and bought a trans go kit for it but haven't installed it yet, would i be likely to have the same thing happen to my sprag??

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is my new hardened sprag and bearing.

Along with my transgo 1-2 kit. Now I will just wait for my clip and its going back in....ready for my 408...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mike. Transmission should be done this next week as Im just waiting for the clip now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts