El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was posted over on the FB page. I hope posting this here is OK. Just happy this guy got his car back! Wish there was a way we could help him get that ElCo put back together!

Joe

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's my biggest fear after seeing a post on FB about another one being stolen right after I parked mine in the driveway. That weekend was garage make-over! Don't know if this guy is a member or not but he really needs to be!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
Any of our memberships in Bakersfield know this guy? It would be nice to contact him and then find out what he needs to get his brother back on the road. It looks like he needs tail lights, trim, and a seat for sure. I am sure this group has all of those sitting in a box in the garage.

Little help Bakersfield! This would be a great gesture for us to pull this together.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any of our memberships in Bakersfield know this guy? It would be nice to contact him and then find out what he needs to get his brother back on the road. It looks like he needs tail lights, trim, and a seat for sure. I am sure this group has all of those sitting in a box in the garage.

Little help Bakersfield! This would be a great gesture for us to pull this together.
I posted this 3 months ago and got it in the wrong thread format. This is a great story and You picking it up was my original intention. Hopefully something happens, it would be really nice to help this guy get his car back in shape!

Joe

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts

This was posted over on the FB page. I hope posting this here is OK. Just happy this guy got his car back! Wish there was a way we could help him get that ElCo put back together!

Joe
87LS5.3 , Thanks for the post and like others , we are glad to see he got his stolen Camino back . As Mr. Fin said , hopefully his friends and the El Camino community can help him return it to it`s former condition . Obviously his car means a great deal to him . I don`t know if the gentleman had any security things done to the Camino but perhaps this may serve as a reminder for the rest of us that there are scum bags out there and anything you can do to protect your ride , is worth doing . Granted , it is hard/impossible to stop some thief with a roll back truck but there are many ways to help prevent them from driving your Camino away that only takes a few seconds to activate . There are electric kill switches , wheel and pedal locks , steering wheel covers , alarms and GPS locators . My friends like to rib me on my safeguards but if mine is taken , I can say that I at least tried my best to prevent it . I jokingly ask my friends that if our two cars were parked next to each other , mine with safeguards and their`s with none , which one would get stolen ? There are a number of posts here at ECC that can be " searched " , for ideas that don`t take much time or $ to install .

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
87LS5.3 , Thanks for the post and like others , we are glad to see he got his stolen Camino back . As Mr. Fin said , hopefully his friends and the El Camino community can help him return it to it`s former condition . Obviously his car means a great deal to him . I don`t know if the gentleman had any security things done to the Camino but perhaps this may serve as a reminder for the rest of us that there are scum bags out there and anything you can do to protect your ride , is worth doing . Granted , it is hard/impossible to stop some thief with a roll back truck but there are many ways to help prevent them from driving your Camino away that only takes a few seconds to activate . There are electric kill switches , wheel and pedal locks , steering wheel covers , alarms and GPS locators . My friends like to rib me on my safeguards but if mine is taken , I can say that I at least tried my best to prevent it . I jokingly ask my friends that if our two cars were parked next to each other , mine with safeguards and their`s with none , which one would get stolen ? There are a number of posts here at ECC that can be " searched " , for ideas that don`t take much time or $ to install .
I only wish I had posted it in the correct forum, I really figured it would have gained more attention and possibly someone that knows this man so we as a community could help him out!

Joe

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
I only wish I had posted it in the correct forum, I really figured it would have gained more attention and possibly someone that knows this man so we as a community could help him out!

Joe
Joe , You did well posting the info and we thank you for your effort . Hopefully others know the owner and will be able to offer some assistance for him to get his Camino back to the condition it was before the thieft . Anyone out there in the Bakersfield area know this gentleman ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts