El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My front needs work and then I saw this kit what do you think? I know it's my choice but will this work with my 79 fenders on my 85 truck?? Bumper stay the same or need a Monte bumper:secret:

http://www.dankoreproductions.com/store/chevy-monte-carlo-ss/complete-kits-and-spoilers

Complete 10-pc Monte CARLO SS Kit – Fits all 1981-88 Monte Carlos

This complete fiberglass nose kit comes with everything you need to change over a standard Monte Carlo to an SS Nose. This high quality reproduction is super straight and fits very well. Lower spoiler is molded into the nose all as one piece. It does not require all of the support brackets and hardware that the rubber nose usually requires. Included in the kit is a 4 pc radiator shroud kit, a 2-pc headlight bucket kit and lower fender trim pieces. All parts install into factory bolt locations. Plastic grille is included and installs into fiberglass nose.

$849 I can shop the kit for better pricing or different brand/ junk yard find factory front clip???

I will also be adding a 4 inch cowl hood so I'm look'n for the EVIL look.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Monte Carlo is different enough from El Camino that a Monte nose will not fit directly. That's why I got the nose for my car from Lauren Engineering. It was a good fit right out of the box, only needed a little fine tuning for a show quality fit. It's a solid piece, heavy fiberglass almost like a boat.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Stock look is evil!

·
Supporting Member
4,469 Posts
x2- Monte won't fit directly. Have to change to Monte fenders, doors, and then do body line modifications on the rear quarters. Much easier to buy an El Camino kit. I've installed two of the Honest Charley kits, and have been happy. They bought the ChooChoo rights, and have the original molds, etc.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Monte Carlo SS nose package

I went with the Honest Charley replacement CCC front end. I did the install in my driveway in a few hours with handtools. It does require a cut front bumper.

front bumper removal

facia removal

final fit.
GM light harness plugs right in, very easy install.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
x2- Monte won't fit directly. Have to change to Monte fenders, doors, and then do body line modifications on the rear quarters. Much easier to buy an El Camino kit. I've installed two of the Honest Charley kits, and have been happy. They bought the ChooChoo rights, and have the original molds, etc.
I can get all this $650.00 or less plus shipping. I need a 4-inch cowl hood so I can get the correct one if I do this plus the truck needs body work and paint.

What radiator is it? 4-row steel. Is the front clip/nose cracked or just scratched? How much for the complete front clip with brackets radiator support/radiator/fan shroud shipped to 90040

I still need electric windows so do you have the doors if so add those also.

I think the doors and fenders are dent free and I already bough his door panels and repainted them.

I think the doors and fenders are dent free and I already bough his door panels and repainted them.

I bought new carpet inserts the carpet paint cost more and I didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
will NOT fit(without the other mcSS components).you are better off buying the choo-choo repro as it would be cheaper,then having to piece to 2gether all mcSS components(hood fenders,nose,and doors.)neSSasary for "conversion"to bad you are a day short,as you could have scored a factory choo-choo nose from member "scarygary" for 300.00! nehoo i have 3 great cond complete extra front clips,and sets of power doors for my 6 SS's i own(yeah im a stock piler/parts hoarder!!!) if you are still determined to do the mcSS conversion,and have a shipping solution? i just recently sent a clip to australia and it was actually cheaper than the big retailers,and as the guy wanted the factory urethane(yuck!)opposed to the aftermarket fiberglass:dontknow:(much better in my oppinion,as it is easier to mod:nanawrench:)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i also have 2 complete,great cond, factory gray elco interiors.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
IMO the Monte nose swap isn't worth the effort, unless you are given the parts for free. But for $850 for that kit you're better off putting that towards an Honest Charley nose.

·
Registered
348 Posts
if you need I have an 85 Monty that I'm taking the trany and 305 out of for another project need to look at it more closely but I'm willing to help out if you need

·
Registered
171 Posts
Wish i had the money I'd buy that lower Valance off ya 84withaZZ4. opinions are like wha... I just always thought it took an already really LONG front end and made it an airstrip...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts