El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know it has been covered on here but cant find it. want to put the ss monte front end on a 87 elky. How hard and what has to be done. thanks

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Depends on what you mean by SS Monte front end. If you're looking for the look of the MC SS that some elkys have, that's a choo choo nose (front bumper). Not the same as the monte although it looks the same. The monte bumper won't fit elky fenders. You could put the entire monte front clip onn the elky. Fenders, bumper, hood and core support will bolt on. But you'd need Monte doors with the elky glass installed in them. At this point you'll have different body lines on the 1/4's and doors so either rework the lines on the 1/4's or rework the doors with a fade out to the elky lines.
Or just get a choo-choo front bumper and components and be done with it. Try Honest charlie's or Lauren Engineering.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

It's not as hard as some make it out to be, mine is an actual monte nose and most can't tell that it doesn't belong... As you can see in the picture that I have an entire monte front clip on mine, plus the doors with the Elco window glass installed, for the quarter lines they are not completely different like some think, the line running down the side of your Elco is the same as the top of a monte body line, I used junk monte doors and grafted the monte body line into the rear quarters as you can see

1 - 3 of 3 Posts