El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about a 1973 el camaino, no rust no dents dings good 350 motor and trans, it had a posi rear, dont know what that is, and its vin number is 1D80K3K540788, how much should i spend? and is it a good camino?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I didn't know they made an Elky in 73 with dual (Over and Under) headlamps. Those, my understanding, were not offered until 75 and then on the El Camino Classic and GMC Sprints (Some). But that is not a dietractor I actually like them better but that is just my taste. I have a 1976 (4th Generation like yours). I have know of at laes one person that got as much as 10,000.00 for his 77 Elky. So the 4th Gens are (or) can be worth a good deal.

I like my 76. I think that it is a good truck and more than that it is a great driver. The question is "Do you like it?" If you like it and it meets your wants and wishes then it is indeed a good year. Most of the peopla here with the 4th gens will emphatically tell you "Parts" are a major pain in the butt to locate but they like their ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Interesting vehicle. The VIN is 1973, but I don't think that nose is. The quad lights and the grill that goes all the way to the top were not on the 1973's. Not that it's a particular problem, what matters is that you like it.

The car looks clean and well cared for in the pictures. I don't really know that I could guess a value without going over it up-close and personal, but the value of these (especially the 4th gens) is really subjective anyway. If it is in as good a shape as you described and you can pick it up for a few K, it's probably a reasonable deal. Trust your vibe is the best recommendation I can make.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i went to go look at it today and it had ss on the side of the doors and the wheel and it had the ss radial gauges

1 - 6 of 6 Posts