El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got hole cut in hood, placed K&N 6" filter on stock carb for height measurement, good thing i got a 4" cowl, cus on a stock engine it was 1/4" outta hood, so put filter back in box for future use on new motor.

Scoop mounted nice, just riveted in place, and actually turned out sharp. So first week of june, new engine goes in. Flowmasters are getting installed tommorrow morning, feel kinda silly driving around with flowmasters and a giant scoop on hood, powered by a stock 305, but it is only temporary, and really trying to get things lined up for the 350, which is almost complete, waiting on the heads, then i have all the other parts already.

Purchasing a set of 15" Z-28 rims tommorrow and getting some 205/60/15s until i can get rear raised and place the 295-50-15s under the back. Ordering Tack from Summit tommorrow cus i have 40 Summit bucks to spend, and they have a Tach that you can switch the background color with 7 choices of color.

So things are picking up pace, new 350 goes in in week an a half, and hopefully the rearend won't shoot out from under-neath it before i buy the posi unit.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
workNprogress said:
hopefully the rearend won't shoot out from under-neath it before i buy the posi unit.
Unless your already having problems with the rear end it is not going to go bad. You ever looked at the anemic rear ends under the Camaros or the light duty C/K pickups? If you went to a Standard transmission then you could conceivably have a problem. But that rear end will be alright for as long as you keep it with a 350 / 350 or a 350 / 400 combo. Especially if you have a stall converter.

It is not just my opinion but everyone has their desires. They can be torn up but so can the 12 bolts and Dyna 12s Ford 9". For the weight and motor and transmission it is my opinion that you have behind you a good enough rear end if you were to add a posi to it and re-gear it

But I'll bet you're excited! 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts