El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to invest into some headers (patriot,hedman,hooker) somewhere along those lines, anyway my dad just gave me a 1969 elcamino it was originally a 350 car with an automatic,right now it has a 396 hooked up to a th400 my question is do I have to be careful what I pick for headers? As I am not sure if my dad used the original 350 motor mounts or not and he cant remember as the motor was dropped in 20+years ago and the motor has less then a 1000kms any insight on if motor mounts matter or not as far as headers would be greatly appreciated

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
both small and big use the same mounts. although, the clam shell type are a bit different..9(in the picture, left one is for trucks /motor homes except El Caminos, and on the right is for cars/El Caminos. notice the 1/8th difference between the two, this is where most common mistake that happens.)

..as far as headers goes, I have the headman shorties, great for ground clearance and speed bumps.

.. On the right is with the sorties headers ,and on the left is stock exhaust manifolds Big difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts