El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you drop in a 350 that only has 6 bolt holes in the heads for the exhaust manifolds, how do you mount the compressor bracket? The bracket on my 305 manifold uses the 5th and 7th holes in the heads.

Jack

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
are you sure on that . i had a early motor in my elco and it used the 5/6 th bolts and my 83 is the same.are you running the r4 compressor?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you sure on that . i had a early motor in my elco and it used the 5/6 th bolts and my 83 is the same.are you running the r4 compressor?
No compressor installed, just the bracket. Here's a pic from when I first got the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does any body have an a/c compressor mount that they are not using and want to part ways with it one that fit a 79 elco with a 350?AND HOW MUCH?:texas:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Does any body have an a/c compressor mount that they are not using and want to part ways with it one that fit a 79 elco with a 350?AND HOW MUCH?:texas:

will an 87 fit i just dropped in a 350 and the block was pre 85 and the brackets fit. I got a set from the junk yard to use for my build and i have the 87 set.? find out if it will fit and i will give them to you but don't take them if they don't fit.
Robert

1 - 10 of 10 Posts