El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Enjoy them , family comes first. There will always be another time but, you only have one family. Where are they visiting from? Is that where you are from? Anyway, enjoy my friend.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
They are here from Long Island. My sister moves with a walker so the snow and ice are a real problem for her. My BIL is newly retired bakery owner.
Im glad they are staying.
I moved to Florida from Colorado Oct 2020. I lived Colorado from 1998. I moved to Colorado from Queens NYC, that's where Im originally from.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ARE YOU ON THE LIST YET?????????????????

The following have expressed an interest in attending:
robpp
kentf
kstmbowtie
Lenny Carey
squaq27
FK Kymino
R/T

DON'T MISS THIS ONE.
🤔

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,730 Posts
Hopefully , now that the Hot Cars Show is in the books , more of you will begin to plan on attending . Numerous members that have asked for an event in their driving to area will consider attending . With an open park situation and some courtesy , it will be a fun event ;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
So it occurred to me this morning that my better half probably wouldn't appreciate going to a car show on her birthday so I think I'm going to have to sit this one out after all.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I can associate with that. You do not want to sleep in the garage with your truck. ha ha

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AWAY. ANYBODY OUT THERE PLANNING ON ATTENDING?

robpp
kentf
kstmbowtie
Lenny Carey
squaq27
FK Kymino

R/T

·
Registered
117 Posts
If we are in town that weekend, we will most likely be there. I don't know what my work schedule will be that far out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ms Elly's First Annual El Camino Corral

I will be hosting a GTG on February 27th, 2021 at Bok Tower at 1151 Tower Blvd, Lake Wales, Florida. All are welcome to attend and their families and/or friends may come with you. Bring your pride and joy El Camino, your grocery getter, or whatever can bring you to join in on the fun.

Bok Tower has picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills where we can prepare and enjoy our lunch and the fellowship of those of us with others who have a love of El Camino’s. Lunch will be a covered dish affair with everyone bringing either their favorite dish to share, condiments, meat to grill, non-alcoholic drinks, paper goods, or clean up items. If anyone has a portable gas grill they can bring, that would be great. Try to arrive by 11:00 AM. This will give us time to enjoy the park before lunch at 1:00 PM
View attachment 134897 View attachment 134898
Bok Tower Gardens is a quiet peaceful scenic area located north of Lake Wales, Florida, United States. It consists of a 250-acre garden, the 205-foot tall Singing Tower with its carillon bells, Pine Ridge Trail, Pinewood Estate, and a visitor center. The tower is built upon Iron Mountain, one of the highest points of peninsular Florida, estimated to be 295 feet above sea level. It is a National Historic Landmark that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, nationally significant for its association with Edward W. Bok and its designers

For children there is Hammock Hollow which incorporates cooling water features, vibrant plantings, a boardwalk, play areas with climbing features, a stage for little performers, and plenty of space to build, dig, create and explore.

All visitors are required to have a mask and it must be worn when arriving at the Entrance Gate, at the Visitor Center Complex, when interacting with Bok Tower Gardens Staff, and inside interior spaces. Adult admission is $15, Children (ages 5-12) $5, children under 5 are free, Dogs are $5.

After our Bok Tower experience, we will motorcade to nearby Spook Hill.

robpp
kentf
kstmbowtie
Lenny Carey
squaq27
FK Kymino

Some of you have indicated that your El Camino may not be ready to make the trip. Just come out to enjoy the fun.
DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO PREVENT YOU FROM COMING!

COME ONE, COME ALL, DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY THE COMRADERIE OF YOUR FELLOW EL CAMINO LOVERS.

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST NOW.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING
YOU THERE.
I am looking forward to being at the GTG. Kent

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
THOUGHT I WOULD JUST POST A REMINDER TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY

Ms Elly's First Annual El Camino Corral

I will be hosting a GTG on February 27th, 2021 at Bok Tower at 1151 Tower Blvd, Lake Wales, Florida. All are welcome to attend and their families and/or friends may come with you. Bring your pride and joy El Camino, your grocery getter, or whatever can bring you to join in on the fun.

Bok Tower has picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills where we can prepare and enjoy our lunch and the fellowship of those of us with others who have a love of El Camino’s. Lunch will be a covered dish affair with everyone bringing either their favorite dish to share, condiments, meat to grill, non-alcoholic drinks, paper goods, or clean up items. If anyone has a portable gas grill they can bring, that would be great. Try to arrive by 11:00 AM. This will give us time to enjoy the park before lunch at 1:00 PM
Bok Tower Pic.jpg

Spook Hill Picture.jpg

Bok Tower Gardens is a quiet peaceful scenic area located north of Lake Wales, Florida, United States. It consists of a 250-acre garden, the 205-foot tall Singing Tower with its carillon bells, Pine Ridge Trail, Pinewood Estate, and a visitor center. The tower is built upon Iron Mountain, one of the highest points of peninsular Florida, estimated to be 295 feet above sea level. It is a National Historic Landmark that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, nationally significant for its association with Edward W. Bok and its designers

For children there is Hammock Hollow which incorporates cooling water features, vibrant plantings, a boardwalk, play areas with climbing features, a stage for little performers, and plenty of space to build, dig, create and explore.

All visitors are required to have a mask and it must be worn when arriving at the Entrance Gate, at the Visitor Center Complex, when interacting with Bok Tower Gardens Staff, and inside interior spaces. Adult admission is $15, Children (ages 5-12) $5, children under 5 are free, Dogs are $5.

After our Bok Tower experience, we will motorcade to nearby Spook Hill.

.Some of you have indicated that your El Camino may not be ready to make the trip. Just come out to enjoy the fun.
DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO PREVENT YOU FROM COMING!

COME ONE, COME ALL, DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY THE COMRADERIE OF YOUR FELLOW EL CAMINO LOVERS.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just made some repairs to the camper and reserved a site near by. Looking forward to the trip down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Looking forward to meeting you. kstmbowtie.

robpp
kentf
kstmbowtie
Lenny Carey
squaq27
FK Kymino

R/T

HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU. WILL YOU BE THERE?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT DUE TO THE DISTANCES THAT SOME OF YOU MUST TRAVEL WE WILL NOT BRING COVERED DISHES FOR LUNCH. Instead, food and snacks are available for outside dining on site at the Blue Palmetto Café. Picnic areas are available for us to enjoy. You may of course bring your own food and drinks.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ONLY TEN DAYS TO GO, IS THIS ALL WHO WILL ATTEND?
kentf
kstmbowtie
Lenny Carey
R/T

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm on a time crunch to get the rust repaired under the back glass. But I hope to have it completed I'm time to drive it down. If not, the family and I will be in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Looking forward to meeting you.

ANYBODY ELSE!

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,730 Posts
Here`s hoping a few more will decide to attend the first Ms. Ellie`s Get Together . I plan to drive up on Friday and have a reso in Lake Wales for Friday and Saturday . Remember this is an open air park . Food is available at the cafe or bring your own .

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hope y'all have a good time at this meet! I'd love to make the next one if R/T puts a show on again.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts