El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see my tires are picking up too much debris and chipped paint is inevitable.

Does anyone make a high quality mud flap (with Chevy logo) to fit a fifth gen ??

Arnie in Iowa

·
Registered
802 Posts
Iv got some auto part specials on my El Camino. They look good, say Chevy, were cheap, and have surprisingly lasted awhile

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now that you have said Mud flaps,i think i might make some out of alumn. diamond plate !
:secret:
What I'd like is a complete set of moulded flaps if they exist.

Arnie

·
Registered
802 Posts
Diamond plate would be cool as hael! Ill take some pics of mine

·
Registered
802 Posts

Theyre a little dirty but there they are!

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
^^^ I notched mine to accomidate my exhaust. It somehow didnt melt it lol

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
802 Posts
Those stainless mudflaps compliment your chrome wheels amazingly!!! SPEXY!!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Where did you purchase the stainless mud flaps.....

Arnie
Well, Pep Boys sold these for years, even decades. I had a set on my shelf for quite some time. I haven't been in a Pep Boys for years so I don't know if they still sell them.

I had the same flaps on my Red Regal T. This is about 10 years ago. I placed Buick tri-shield emblems on them.

I did a little search and I found them, but with a small black flap attached. Remove the flap, camoflage the holes somehow (emblems/studs, etc.) and they're the same, at least on the rear. The fronts I used were somewhat smaller but you could trim these same flaps down.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270792656162?_lwgsi=y&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

found cheaper ........

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/partsearch/stainless_steel_mud_flaps.html?apwcid=X1093010841W41260599c6350&apwkwd=stainless+steel+mud+flaps

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey "theelcaminoman" how much were yours?
Idk, ten bucks, maybe 15 lol. Its been prolly 6 years ago and my gpa got em. Theyre actually some cheap-os but have held up surprisngly well lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts