El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there. Just wanted to start this thread for my El Camino. Latest news is that she'll be arriving on 9th of july and I am so excited. Will be posting fresh pictures as soon as possible. I guess I'll be using this thread as a diary for my El Camino.

·
Registered
553 Posts
One of my favorite years --looking forward to the pictures--Enjoy--glenn:beer:

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good news, My El Camino has passed customs and I am one step closer to having her... Oh, man this calls for celebration, I think I'll have a beer or two... who I am kidding, I'm having kalsarikännit, which roughly translates to underweardrunkness... when you are sitting home alone and drinking... YAY:beer:

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Great. Happy for you. I know you have been anxiously waiting to get your hands on it.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New News:

1st of september is a judgement day for my Elky. The importer has done little rust pealing and welding new metal on her and some minor things to do before final inspection. So I'll be getting her probably end of that week, althought I might not have the time to get her, it's a close call, since I a arranging a lan-party for co-workers behalf of our emploier. I'll have to see if I can squeeze a time to drive 600km back and forth.

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tomorrow I am finally getting my Elky! I leave early in the morning to pick her up, about 240miles north where I live and then I get to spend that 240 miles with her. I am going to post some pictures as fast I can. There shall be flood of pictures when I get the time to cruise and shoot. I'm going to carry my camera with me everywhere. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Hey Lemmy, Glad you got her home bud, a long journey for both of you. Enjoy, and good luck with her. Look forward to the pics...

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Good News! Good News!

Great news, Lemmy! Now enjoy her!!..............Ken :beer:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your Elky is beautiful. Chrome..chrome and more chrome. I am on the shiney stuff hunt. You have given me so many ideas and probably a empty wallet!!

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, well we all have our dreams and some of us might give some idea's to others and so on. I cleaned the car today from the "junk" that was included in the deal and that previous owner really started to restoration on this baby. I find new set of headliner, yellow parklights(which is sadly forbidden in here, if I remember correctly.), all the clips and bolts for bed trim and those are in pretty good condition, new front bumber, new dash... etc.. I estimated that there was around 700-800 dollars worth of "junk"! And I enjoyed first real cruising with my baby today at the Helsinki's night. Man I feel Grrrrreat!:inlove:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts