El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fairly busy working on the car lately, so I figured I'd create a thread to see where I get in a year or two.

First, the before pictures:

Now the current pictures:

Here you can see where someone had stolen the original stereo. The car had this terrible aftermarket unit in place that I'm glad to see gone.

Somehow, the fuzzy dice just seem to work with the car, though there isn't much that doesn't go with an El Camino.

More pictures and updates to come as time progresses, but the emphasis is keeping the car a driver; as opposed to a trailer queen.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Its looking good.

Just my opinion, but I liked it better with the Keystone Classic wheels.

You should start a picturetrail or photo bucket page to document your hard work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its looking good.

Just my opinion, but I liked it better with the Keystone Classic wheels.

You should start a picturetrail or photo bucket page to document your hard work.
I created a Photobucket album specifically for this car; it's located here:

http://s1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/DraculasCars/1973 El Camino SS/

I'd agree that the Keystone Klassics looked better on the car, but once I restore the rally wheels and find two more, then it'll at least match. That should help with appearance. Until then, she's got a delightfully redneck feel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phase one of my modification/restoration is underway. I found a replacement set of gauges for my El Camino that will be going in after being cleaned and repainted. I'll have to run a wire for the clock, as mine was ordered without one. Go figure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah? You must be planning some serious stuff to fit those gauges in your dash?:dontknow:
Donny
Yep. I'm replacing the sweeping speedometer with the round gauges since I want the temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, and tach not to look like J.C. Whitney add-ons. Today I redid the body tag; this is it waiting to dry before the clear-coat application:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today was a beautiful day, so I attempted a spray-job to see how a red-and-black paint scheme would look in practical application. Since I plan to replace the lower doors and rear quarter panels soon, this was easier than trying to use Photoshop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts