El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Been driving my newly acquired 59 El Camino for a couple of months now and I absolutely love this car. I did however want to clear up a couple of things in case you see me driving around or at the meet in Belton which I am definately planning to make. I noticed from a couple of different forums that the guy I bought the car from had at one time tried to sell it for the absolutely ridiculous price of $20,000. Just so you know:

A. I'm not the guy that was asking that amount for it. I don't care what kind a patina the car has, it's definately not worth that kind of money.

B. I didn't pay anywhere near that amount for it. I didn't even pay anywhere near the also rediculous price of $15,000 that he recently wanted for it.

Whew! OK that feels better. Don't know why I had to post this but just had the irresistable urge to do so.

Anyway, like I said I'm planning on making it to Belton this Saturday and am really looking forward to meeting some new friends and to check out your awesome cars. Till then, take care and see you Saturday.

Craig

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,538 Posts
Glad you're coming to Belton. See you Saturday!:nanawrench:

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Glad you got it, hope you like it , the rest is really your choice & your business. A lot of people would like to have a 59', course there,s not too many that are left & fewer that are worth the hard work. Whether you leave as is, all out customize, or stock restore, it'll always be a cool ride to have.
If you look at my custom made bedcover pics in photobucket link, you,ll see I have a little love for 59's.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think you should have let us all believe you paid $20,000 for it. It would have made for some much more interesting conversations!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I think you should have let us all believe you paid $20,000 for it. It would have made for some much more interesting conversations!
I am not sure that I agree with your train of thought. I have far more respect for my new like minded friend knowing that he stole the car. I have seen junk listed for $15K. with more rust than metal. Knowing that he paid far less means he has great negociating skills along with good tast in rides. I have been stuck on 59 El Caminos most of my life. Good choice and I wnat to see more of your project as you start making it your own. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Lots of folks including myself on this board that have been there, done that.

John

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Congrats. 59's are super sweet rides. It's nice that it's been spared from the boneyards. Best of luck with it. 59's are just as rare as hen's teeth.
BTW, I couldn't care less what y
ou paid for it. These crucks can become money pits if you get bitten by the bug.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ya---WELL
Just so ya know-----if ya make the trip to Belton--
--You won't be the only 59 owner there:poke:

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Way to go Brian. Craig went from, "I got something special." to "Ya, we all have one. So what?" In less than 10 posts. Is that a new record? Just kidding.

I for one would love to see more than one at a show. Any local event you can see a 57 Chevy in every color on the PGA chart. Rarely do I see another 59 Chevy ANYTHING!

·
932 Posts
Shes a beauty , I love all years of el caminos but no other year can come close to the lines , style and beauty of the 59 , doesn't matter what you paid for it a running driving 59 is priceless in my opinion

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Way to go Brian. Craig went from, "I got something special." to "Ya, we all have one. So what?" In less than 10 posts. Is that a new record? Just kidding.
Year before last we had a meet at Belton----a small meet & Greet.
After the event, me and "Poppa Bill" (a 60 owner) stopped off at a swap meet to check things out.

There at the swap meet--junkyard was a 59 AND a 60 for sale---mostly just shells.
The guy wanted waaaay too much for them, stating that they are VERY rare cars.

I told him that they must not be all that rare-----a 59 & a 60 are parked right out front:twisted:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
If yer ever looking to sell when summer is over let me know! I could bring that thing over here and get all the chicks! Or, well, that car would sure get some attention, not just from chicks tho, everyone would love it here! They really go nuts for that old used American Texas look stuff here, they are crazy about Texas and cowboys (not the Dallas Cowboys though) and country music and pickups.

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Hi, if you didn't pay that much for it then that means you stole it, which by the way is exactly what I'll do if you leave the keys in it today!!!!:poke:
59s rock!!!
Welcome, I look forward to meeting you!!!:beer:
Donny:texas:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts