El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, she finally arrived :D I'm talking about the Ram Jet 502. I picked it up this morning from Fed-Ex. I have pictures posted in my briefcase in my Yahoo profile......
http://profiles.yahoo.com/elky72ss454
I can't wait to hear this beast roar to life. I'll post more pics as I go along....... 8)

·
Registered
314 Posts
that sucker is gonna scream

Your one lucky S.O.B. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elky85 said:
that sucker is gonna scream
Your one lucky S.O.B. :D
I guess I'm a very lucky guy. It will have the potential to be a screamer but......I'm not going to race it. Don't think the tranny and rear axle can handle all that torque. I drive the elky most everyday, weather permitting. I go to a lot of local car shows. Not very many elkys in the car shows. There's one 59 or 60 model with a 700 horse blown big block that goes. He wins a lot. These shows are peoples choice type shows. The lookers get to vote on their favorite ride. The one with the most votes wins. I'll get a pic of the other elky next time I go. It's truely an awesome ride.... :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
That Sucker Is Gonna Scream

That is very, very cool! I know you must be squirmin' to get that bad boy into the engine bay... Congratulations, that 's pretty exciting and on a smaller level (engine-wise) I can imagine how you must feel or whatcher thinking. The LT-1 I got for my '71 will be going in within the next couple of weeks, after we get the new suspension stuff bolted on, etc.

·
Registered
314 Posts
what kind of compression do those run?

*cough* supercharger *cough*

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
9.6:1 compression.....it's not a blower.......it is Super :D though and I'm sure it will have lots of charge........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts