El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a story about my soon to be paid off el camino and a bit about how it came to be. It was last year and my had lost my licence from a dui, which kind of sucks since i knew when my parrents bought the el camino i could not drive it. Soon later It was parked at my parrents while i knew i had no licence i could still have fun and do aliitle bit of bodywork on it, it needed a bit of work and was a california car. So we parked it for the winter and there it sat. When summer came i was already moved out and my parrents said they would keep it, in between places and trying to live thinking about my 82 el camino every day i finally got the go ahead to live back with my parrents and start paying the el camino off again. Anyways i will share my site with a few photos of the car hope you guys enjoyed my story. :You_Rock:
http://www.carsandguns.doodlekit.com/gallery/album/1891363

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So i found out that my parrents put the el camino in the shop for alittle work and an inspection. The current bill is not too much just alittle over $1000. I am soo excited when its going to come out of the shop then i can start the work it needs done for example, it needs the bed sanded primed and re painted, i want to buy some touren tr3s with low pro tires and get a grim reaper painted on the hood :p and all that i still need to save for my licence which is a heafty fine. Il keep posting either on this thread or another with updates, thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi from a lot further south. Your Elky looks sharp- I bet it really stands out up there. Was yours originally two tone and repainted or was is built with the trim only? Mine is two tone blue but had my dad known the trim was available with a single color it would have been dark blue all over. And on a more personal note, it sounds like you have shouldered responsibility for a mistake or two, and that's important. A lot of what you do now (from brushing teeth to picking friends to picking when you fight or walk away ) will determine success or regret years from now. Sounds like you've got a good start learning which to choose. One more thing--if the tires and wheels are round and hold air with good tread, don't go spending rent money or money that might be needed for an emergency. I see that all the time in Atlanta--car with $2500 or more tied up in rims but can't be driven or is broken on the side of the interstate because the owner didn't/couldn't maintain it or fix it. And you'll never sell rims for anything close to what you paid. Sounds like you're on the right path- just keep on keepin' on. Patrick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks donny i will. And i apretiate the advise patrick its good to hear someone with good input. The paint i think was originally dark blue like the ocean and the elky is in the shop getting the work it needs to pass inspection, but i think you are right regular mantanence to keep it running is important and it should run fun after coming out of the shop with a $2800 bill :p I will try my best to keep the el camino and pay it off since i know it could be a good investment and for everything else il keep the advise in mind, thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts