El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I like g-bodys - i've owned several mid 80's Monte Carlo SS and El Camino's. My toy is actually a 86' GMC Caballero (El Camino).

I built mine to have fun with - Drag race and Auto-X (SCCA miniture road course setup in parking lots)

It handles pretty good - go for pics and video of it tearing up the turns. :cool:

main one - www.z28evans.com/el_camino.htm

links to other of my car stuff - www.z28evans.com

thanks
james

·
1,867 Posts
I used to auto-x a 280zx that I got pretty competative with. It was alot of fun. It used to drag race several Chevelles & I decided that auto-x was less expensive & more fun. A night a guy running from the law t-boned my Z car so it's no more. I thought about trying the Camino but I am not sure. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys :-D

and i actually beat about half the cars out there (a lot of people can't drive also). The long wheelbase isn't very helpful on tight courses, but the suspension mods worked amazingly. It should be interesting this spring now that i have more horsepower and less weight (brakes don't like the new cam as much, may go hydra-boost setup). Some sticky tires would also help a lot :p

i ran it at the local 1/8 mile dragstrip ran a best of 8.92 @ 81 mph , with a 2.2 60' The bad 60' and times were not due to spinning, but to carb problems (new carb) which i think i now have solved. Hoping for lower times on motor then time for the n2o :cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
thats awesome that you auto-x the bad boy. (and have videos) :-D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts