El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, my name's Logan. I've loved El Camino's since i was 2 and now I'm finally driving my dream car. I bought it when I was 16 (I'm 18 now) for, I'm not ashamed to say, $4900. It's a 1972 with a 383 stroker and a TH350 (I want a muncie sooo bad). Here's a picture of my car.

I haven't done a whole lot with it yet, I've added a few missing trim pieces, replaced a taillight made of tape, and re-wired some of it since the previous owner tore out most of the wiring to put his silly aftermarket radio in and then realized he didn't know how to wire the rest of the car. I'm about to make a couple major changes though: I'm going to replace the current 10-bolt 8.5" non-posi 2.73 setup with a 12-bolt posi 3.55 setup, and I'm going to convert the front drums to discs. This is a bit intimidating since I come from a family with no automotive history, and all the work on this car will be done by me. I'm just gonna be learning as I go. That's one reason I'm so excited to have found this site, it has a huge amount of information and the community seems really helpful. Thanks to this site I'll be able to make sure that any work I do, I do right.

Oh, I'm also a member of the Mid-America Chevelle Club.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice ride Logan, I recently bought my first car as well, 87 Caballero, and I have no automotive experience either, but the people here have been tons of help so far, Good Luck with your learning experience!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I will definitely appreciate any help since my total experience is a couple years of Auto Tech and an RX-7 rebuild. lol

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the site. Great looking El Camino you got there. From the picture it look like you take great care of it! Hope to see you around the board.

·
Registered
166 Posts
great looking car keep up the hard work

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the site Logan. Good looking 72 el camino you got there. I wish i was 18 again with a el camino like that!!!:nanawrench::nanawrench: I had a 70 ss el camino 4 years ago to go along with my 70 ss chevelle but had to sell the el camino because of a exwife problem. Oh well, still got the 70 chevelle ss!!! :nanawrench: If you have any questions at all about working on that el camino, shoot them to us. Alot of great answer here for sure. Later,Larry:poke:

·
Master Wrench
1,592 Posts
welcome to the site! theres a lot more young people joining! when i joined i felt like the only kid hahaha but thats a CLEAN 72. the 3.55 rear will def help it get up and go a lot more, and a muncie swap would be amazing lol im planning on the muncie swap in the next year or so, theres a couple companys that make "new m22's" they are not original m22s but they are basically a reproduction and many people have had good experiences with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
dang, that is a sweet ride! welcome!! great site, you'll find it very useful. good luck with all your plans and keep taking care of your elko.:beer:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts