El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I might be driving something new to the next Get-Together! Just picked up this baby on Saturday, and it's one of the nicest cars I've ever owned. I'll still be working on the Caballero, it's still my daily driver. If anybody has a gray SS-style steering wheel, let me know. Ruby here has a gray interior, but a black wheel.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,590 Posts
Looking good and a few more photos would be enjoyed by others . Did you purchase it locally or did you have to go find it ? What`s under the hood and wondering if those are Cragar wheels ? They look similar on the ones on my 59 Camino .

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
2,001 Posts
VERY NICE.............................................

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice find
better post more pics
Finally got around to taking more photos. I wasn't really even looking for a new ride, but it went up for sale last Wednesday about 5 minutes from the house, and we handed him a check on Friday morning. The 91-year-old gentleman I bought it from was the second owner, and he did a LOT of work to the car. The new gal is a 1987 (Purportedly an SS. I haven't had time to research yet). LT1 motor with a performance Comp cam, 700R4 transmission w/shift kit, Cool brand aluminum radiator with dual fans, MSD ignition system, headers with dual Flowmaster exhaust system (and crossover pipe). Wheels are Boyd Coddington 17' aluminums, and car also has a new close ratio steering box, shocks, and brakes. Also lots of other little extras like the custom toolbox in the back. I'm still checking everything out, but it's been too doggone hot out to do much. Might take it down tomorrow to get a quote from Line-X.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Land vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Car Motor vehicle Fixture Car seat cover Automotive design

Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Speedometer

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts