El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is Gypsy a stray we rescued from going to the pound. She's about a year and a half old.. In just two trips shes learned to jump up and ride in the back of the El Camino!! This was the trip to get her checked out and shots.
I always loved Sheppards!!!
Donny

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Awwwww! She's looking like she's quite happy in the back of your Elky! Just don't let her know where you put your keys, or she might decide to take herself for a ride when you're not looking! Nice to hear you saved her from going to the pound! :beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Donny, rescue dogs are the best. We have two now, one Rottie and one Husky/Florida wolf mix. We have had three black labs and one shephard in the past. Florida has a serious stray problem thanks to the economy and foreclosures. Many people are just dumping their pets. For an animal lover it is very upsetting. You done good! That's a good looking pooch. I like the:You_Rock: Cragars also.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Good for you, Donny. Some Shepard's are trained with German words for commands. If she does not respond to English common dog commands, you may want to see if she knows German.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
German Shepards and El Caminos.

You can't be all bad.

Congrats on the new girl and THANKS for adopting a stray.:You_Rock:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
Good looking dog! :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 5
1,879 Posts
From what I heard the dog is house broken, Donny ....well let's just say he's working on it.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
My first dog growing up was a german sheppard/collie mix.He was my protector & horse. Too bad I was too young to remember him. My only memory is calling him & him never coming after someone poisoned him.:cry2:
I,m done sharing . Going check on my remaining 14 year old daushand now.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
As a shelter volunteer, I thank you for rescuing! We had a lady come in the other day who had picked up a stray shepherd. We scanned him, found out who his owner was, and she was going to see if they knew he was missing.

I've seen a number of dogs in the shelter who would look great in the back of an El Camino.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts