El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So I have this Mystery toggle switch that I found, the wires were cut. but they led from the switch to the transmission. it is a 2 pin connector left side close to front bell the wires go from what appears to be pin 1 to the switch and back to pin 2. no power no ground .... i'm totally confussed. now this could be wrong but the wires i found were in close proximity of each other and had the proper mates. males and females. they just appeared to be disconnected. While normally i would have no fear pluging them in and "trying it out" something tells me this isn't wired right to begin with. so any idea what that connector is for on the side of the transmission? and how does it work. i'm digging around for a schmatic but it appears this car's history is getting deeper.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Maybe PO tried to have a lock out for the trans like on some of the newer buttons on the shilf handle to toggle the trans from OD to 3. Just my opinion

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
It is not uncommon for people that tow or tinker with their trannys to wire up a lockup/lockout switch. I did it on a Chevy van I used to tow a 16 foot race trailer.:dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts