El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone my name is Joe and I am from SoCal. so I just got my car I’ve wanted for years. 1968 El Camino my wife got it for me last week for Father’s Day she couldn’t wait for today lol
This car has all the original parts engine drum brakes etc. trying to figure out which direction to go with the engine.

This is going to be a fun project. Love driving it like this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Welcome Joe, from a 3rd Gen in San Juan Capistrano.

You can click this link to add information to your account like: Location, Name, Year of Car, Avatar etc. That way others can see it too.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,562 Posts
Hello everyone my name is Joe and I am from SoCal. so I just got my car I’ve wanted for years. 1968 El Camino my wife got it for me last week for Father’s Day she couldn’t wait for today lol
This car has all the original parts engine drum brakes etc. trying to figure out which direction to go with the engine.

This is going to be a fun project. Love driving it like this too

Joe , Welcome from the Florida Keys . I also think that it would be enjoyable to drive it for a while , just the way it is . Not sure of your experience but suggest that you first do the things that would make it safe and dependable to drive . On the engine , are you thinking of stock , slightly modified of high performance ? With the safety/pollution checks that I understand that California has , check prior to your mods ; especially , on the engine . There is a search feature here on ECC that will pull up info and previous conversations on the subject . Hope you will post what you do to your ride as a lot of us would be interested in reading about and seeing photos on what you do . Enjoy your ride :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
Hi Joe, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. You have a cool 68 project. Looking forward to seeing your progress as you build it. Have fun and enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas looking forward to start this project enjoy the daily drive for the moment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts