El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`M TRYING TO PUT ALL THE RIGHT DETAILS ON MY SS 396 AND WAS WONDERING IF THE EL CAMINO NAME PLATE BLEONGS ABOVE THE SS EMBLEM ON THE FRONT FENDERS? WAS THIS PART OF THE SS PACKAGE? ALSO WHERE DO THE RADIATOR DECALS GO EXACTLY ON THE RADIATOR? THE SHROUD, OR THE RADIATOR SUPPORT? DID THE CORRECT FAN HAVE 4 OR 7 BLADES. WHEN I GOT THE CAR IT HAD A 7 BLADE FAN WHICH HIT THE SHROUD SO HAD TO REMOVE THE SHROUD AND NOW AM GOING TO REPLACE BOTH. ALSO HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF MINE IS A L78 ENGINE? AIR CLEANER SAYS 396/375 HP. WHERE CAN I GET THE CURTAIN PART TO COVER WHERE SPARE TIRE GOES? ALSO LOOKING FOR ORG. RADIO/8 TRACK TO. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but typing in all caps is the same as yelling.

What year is your car, and what resources have you checked into? Do you have a manual? Or, an owners manual? Sometimes there will be pictures.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
1968elCamino said:
I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but typing in all caps is the same as yelling
Ditto! :cool:

Help a brother out. Give us the year, vin# and cowl tag info..since you said 396, I'm guessing 3rd gen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts