5,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do we have any nascar fans on here??
just watching the 88 trying to go around smoke :beer:
GO JR!!!

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
#31 sense DW retired and will be mine till he stops also.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Jr. won.....finally.

Now only down 4 points in the standings.

·
Deputy Director Site Contributor
1,455 Posts
Yes Im a JR fan. Im also glad that he won. It was about time.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm a Cale Yarborough fan.. Go Cale!

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Uh, Mike........................Uh,

:poke: I don't really know how to tell you this, Mike, but Cale retired years and years ago - like 75 years ago or something. That was back when the Mouth of the South, Darrell Waltrip, was still in the 5-point harness (he had to retire when they went to full face helmets and he couldn't talk anymore). :poke:

I go for the good guys, who play fair and expect the same from their competition.......In no particular order: Smoke, JR, Smoke, Carl. Mark Martin has always been a favorite, since he was born and raised 60 miles from my own hometown in Arkansas. I fact, my partner and I tried to race once on Mark's home track in Batesville. They wouldn't OK our 'B-Class '57 Chevy because of the sharp-ends on our front bumper. That was around '70 or 71, when Mark was still toddling around his father's shop. I particularly admire Smoke's attitude about "Blocking". He says that ..."people tend to only try to block me one time..." And, I've seen that policy in action, so I know that he means it. I respect that in a driver!.......................Ken :beer:

I'm a Cale Yarborough fan.. Go Cale!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I dont follow it like I used to, I didnt stop overnight but my enthusiasm began its decline after Dale Earnhardt died at the Daytona 500 in '01

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Big Sr. fan....kinda keep an eye on Jr., but I gotta go with Kevin Harvick...

·
813 Posts
I dont follow it like I used to, I didnt stop overnight but my enthusiasm began its decline after Dale Earnhardt died at the Daytona 500 in '01
Same here, I just do not have the passion that I used to for this sport since he died.

Like rnhart3 : Big Sr. fan....kinda keep an eye on Jr also

I was great to see him win, his daddy was watching over him

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...How many race cars does it take to take out a jet dryer..????

.....( Just Juan):poke:
:beer:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
...How many race cars does it take to take out a jet dryer..????

.....( Just Juan):poke:

OUCH!!! That was a bad pun.

I love bad puns.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
a big part of the sport died when sr died.still follow it but not the same any more. jr has a definate lack of sack compared to his dad. i didnt care if he won i just loved watching him drive . he didnt get his nick name for nothing

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
:poke: I don't really know how to tell you this, Mike, but Cale retired years and years ago - like 75 years ago or something. That was back when the Mouth of the South, Darrell Waltrip, was still in the 5-point harness (he had to retire when they went to full face helmets and he couldn't talk anymore). :poke: Nice try big guy.. I saw him and Darrell talking about their last race last year and Cale was talking about bumpin Darrell. And Darrell asked all the racers to raise their hand if Cale had bumped them! They all raised their hands. He's still driving that Laguna too! So you can't tell me that he's retired if he was just on RFD-TV! Nice try tho. I was born at night, but not last night..

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I will go with #24,, Jeff Gordan,, I like his road track driving,, and by the way,, has anyone else noticed how bare the stands are this year?? The Charlotte race,, I thought I saw big empty sections of the stands, and this last race the stands were not as packed as I have seen last few years,, Matty man

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Mattyman, that should change on Jan 20th of next year. Hopefully the hopey changy b.s. will be a distant but not forgotten bloche on our minds. He who doesn't remember history is bound to repeat it....:beer:here's to full stands next year!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I like Cale Yarborough also, I had his #11 on my circle track racecar in the 70's and 80's. I like a lot of the ones today too. Matt Kenseth, Denny Hamlin, Carl Edwards Jimmy Johnson and Kasey Kahne

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
do we have any nascar fans on here??
just watching the 88 trying to go around smoke :beer:
GO JR!!!
..Yeah,I'm one,except one thing,..I like "M&M"S..And a good "Snickers" once in a while..:poke:...Got to give ole 88 two thumbs up for winning that race,I hope he got that hunger bug again..:beer:

·
Super Moderator
2,148 Posts
I hope this is Junior's year. I have seen him get close to winning over the years but, something always goes wrong. It is good to see him in the case, currently only 10 or so points out of 1st. He has been consistant this year and that is what it takes to be a winner. Just ask Five time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts