El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had two straight days of heavy rain; the roads were still wet while we drove to Webster, MA; the temperature stayed in the chilly and windy 40 degree range; and we had to compete against a Patriots game and the Red Sox trying to get back into the World Series.

Despite all that, we still had a good turnout of twelve El Caminos at the Yesteryear 2003 show in Webster MA today. Three trophies were awarded in our class, but to people who are not yet members of NECOA! Jay Levitan was there to greet all of us, and 5th Generation Moderator Ernie G. was there to give good advice to everyone. Even REgional Director Pete Lebovich from NYC came up -- without his El Camino because he had his wife and two great kids with him. Three members were there without their Elky's, so our total participation was actually 15 owners!

Please see our photos of the event:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Whoops!! This rookie messed up loading the photos tonight.
There were more camera's there than on the red carpet at the Oscars! You mean to tell me that even though I drove the furthest,I'll get the first working ones up? Well then so :p

It was nice meeting you all. Some I didn't get introduced to but then again I was like the red headed step child over on the other side of the lot. One thing I have to remember,if I go next time,I have to get some phony Mass. plates. The locals there didn't like the NY plates. Everyone I heard that came by my car said "eh look he's from New Yaaark". Even the guy I was parked next to was all friendly at first,then he saw my plate and looked at me like I had the plauge...."oh jez you from New Yaark,I can taaak to you!" It only baseball people,no need to take it personal(if you know what I mean).

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Nice pics. I was even able to get into your pics, John, by copying and pasting just part of your URL.

It was good to place some faces with names.

Great job Northeast!

·
Banned
881 Posts
I'd like to say that it was a real pleasure to meet all of the other El Camino owners at our first get together. It's nice to put a face to a name. All of the Elkys at the show were fun to look at.

I don't have any pics to post as yet. I was using my old reliable 35mm. The film is being devoloped this week. I shot almost three rolls so I'm sure I got some goodies.

Let me help you out John. Here are some of Johns pics.

:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the assistance with the photos, Ernie and Dan. But what the hell is a "URL"? I didn't know I had one. Is that the white thingey under the front spoiler, or the string on the lens cap cover that I need to take off before shooting my friends??

I vote for the next event to be on a hot sunny day! John H.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New England Regional Get-Together

Thanks for the assistance with the photos, Ernie and Dan. But what the hell is a "URL"? I didn't know I had one. Is that the white thingey under the front spoiler, or the string on the lens cap cover that I need to take off before shooting my friends??

I vote for the next event to be on a hot sunny day! John H.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
It was a good show, good people, and I look forward to doing other shows with all of you next year.

Great pic's from Chris and John. What did you do Chris, drive 3 hours home, then post the pic's that night? Your to funny. Looking forward to Ernie's 35mm pics. Especially that one where you climbed up on that truck. I have a lot of the same pic's posted here except maybe one that you might get a kick out of.

I have titled this picture "What if they gave a car show and nobody showed up"

Actually, I "appointed myself" the early guy for the show. Don't know why, I just did. So, I arrived at the show early. Little did I know I would be the first one in the show. My number was "001" Hell, sunrise was only 15 minutes before I arrived and the lot was barely set up plus there was no coffee. So that is where the picture came from. Did I get the best choice of parking spots or what?

I did enjoy it and hey Chris, everyone from MA is not die hard Red Sox fan. It's not like you were wearing a New York Yankees shirt. Now if we are talking the Patriot's and Jets........... 8)

·
Registered
266 Posts
What did you do Chris, drive 3 hours home, then post the pic's that night?
Once I got home it took about 10 minutes to download the camera into the computer then put them into my FTP. Isn't technology great? Do I get an A for effort?
I have titled this picture "What if they gave a car show and nobody showed up"
Helloooo? <ECHO....ECHO....> Where is everyone? <ECHO.....ECHO.....>
It's not like you were wearing a New York Yankees shirt.
That is true but then why did it felt like I had a big freakin' albatross straped around my neck?!!? :(

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Chris, next show, I'll be sure to come down to the New York area and were the "albatross straped around my neck" just to even things out.

I do like that Helloooo? <ECHO....ECHO....> Where is everyone? <ECHO.....ECHO.....> That fits pretty good to.

You know what was even more embarrasing? I pulled into the spot, no one within 150 yards of me, and I still pulled in, backed up, then forward, then backed up, getting it just where I wanted it. The guys setting up the portable toilets must have thought I was a frigon nut case.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I noticed from a couple of pics that you Elky owners were "X" rated at this event. :p

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Evening Dan. I didn't even really notice, but your correct! The El Camino / Ranchero class was the letter "X". Needless to say, I parked right next to the sign and I didn't even really think about it. Go figure.

Usually it is my mind that is in the gutter :cool: , but this event was very family oriented with many ladies in attendence.

Do you think the organizers of the show knew something about us El Camino owners? And maybe they warned the Ranchero owners to stay away because not one Ranchero showed up.

Elky's owned the "class"!

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Just thought I'd note it before someone else did. :p Looks like everyone had a good time. This success will help your next get together.

Great job!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hope that ill make it to one of the shows next year.i was already to come.except that Hurricane Juan kind of spoiled our plans. i just wish that he didn't blow the tree down on the front of my winter beater honda. now i have to fix the hood and fender and find a new windshield before winter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
We had a great time. It sure was nice meeting all of you! Interesting people DO drive interesting car!!

It was a bit windy and cloudy, but it sure beats the rain we had expected. John has been very enthusiastic about the club and I am sure that next season we will have double the members locally. Yes there wasn't a single FAWRD there!! We look forward to meeting again next year, there are some great shows in New England.

Allen & Wendy

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those kids are Pete Lebowitz's son and daughter from NYC. His son polished my rims just for the pleasure of being next to my Elky! He even told me that the center cap was loose and that I should check it before leaving. Well, stupid me, I forgot to take his good advice and that cap came flying off about five miles from home on Interstate 495. Now I have to grind off the jagged edges and try to straighten it!! Shoulda listened!

Hey Pete, how does he know about loose wheel covers?? Has he been supplementing his allowance collecting "spare parts" in the Big Apple??

·
Registered
573 Posts
John---Darhian and I made a deal---the next show we attend up north with you guys we will bring along four milk crates---TO PROP UP YOUR CAR!!!!!---------I told him at the beginnng of the show that I liked your wheels---- next time we may have to bring them back to NYC with us!!!!!

Pete NYC :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts