El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of times when I'm at a car show or cruise night, the topic of NEOCA / ECC easily comes up. I made up this "business card" showing the NECOA logo, the NECOA.ORG web site, my ECC ID, my web site, and my email address.
I then printed them on some Avery (#5371)White Business Card stock. You can get these at any office supply store. These sheets of business cards have perforations so you can just tear them apart. You get 10 business cards per sheet. You can print them off on your ink jet or laser printer.
I have a word doc that has the cards all set on one page. All you will have to do is take the document and change my info for yours, save the document, and print them out, one page at a time.
It will look like this:

If your interested, send me an email and I'll send you the document. My email is [email protected]

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Nice card, and a great idea for member recruitment. It would be nice if it mentioned El Camino Central. :p

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
I've been working on one that is just for ECC. A few cars shows I've been to I've tried to tell people about the place with the addy but I know most people don't remember them. I have to put this project back up in front and get it done.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally made the card with "www.elcaminocentral.com", but had changed it for another member.

I now have two business card documents. One with each of the two web address's. On the requests that I have recieved, I'm sending both doc's and you can pick which one to use.

Both look good when you give them out.

I'm sure that will work......

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great keyboards work alike. I had an Avery template about ready to declare prime time myself. It has the NECOA banner, then the word 'at', and then the ECC banner (both clipped from the web page).

Then the 'www.necoa.org' URL and finally my info in the bottom corners.

Definitely the perfect tool. Once I print some up I am going to keep a few with me all the time, since you never know when you will run into another Elky owner.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Lionel. I like that "at" part after or below the banner. Hope you don't mind, I'm going use that.

Maybe something like, the NECOA banner on the top, then the next line will read "Located on the web at www.elcaminocentral.com". Then my usual personal info.

Thanks again.

By the way, if I can swing another Elky, it is going to be a '73. I like the way yours looks.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used Lionel's idea, plus Dan's better logo to make two card documents. One with www.necoa.org and one with www.elcaminocentral.com.

If interested, email me and I'll send you both. They look better than the scanned image here, but you get the idea.

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey guys. Im currently about 1/2 way trhough a flyer ive been working on. Its a flyer with el caminos belonging to ECC members, the ECC addy, logo, site description, yada yada yada. I plan on having it done this week and I was going to throw it up here and see what u guys thought. Ive got it done as a picture file that when printed in landscape is the size of a regular 8x11 sheet of paper. Ill get it up asap. I thought something like this would be good for sticking under a windshield wiper or dropping onto a seat at a show. This way they get the addy, and a description of what we're informing them of. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea Brian. Lets see it when your done.

I've kinda done the same thing with a 8x11 "vehicle profile" type fact sheet. It just says a few things about my Elky. I got a clear plastic display holder from Staples and I put that on top of my radiator during a show.

Maybe over the winter, I'll get one of those nice display posters made up, but they are a little pricey.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Well mine doesn't say anything about the NECOA but this is what I came up with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
ECC/NECOA flyer

heres a "prototype" of the flyer i was working on. Thanks to robert's help i think its pretty well set but your info is much appreciated.

Flyer

·
Registered
105 Posts
ECC/NECOA flyer

heres a "prototype" of the flyer i was working on. Thanks to robert's help i think its pretty well set but your info is much appreciated.

Flyer

The flyer is a JPG image file. To get the best view of the flyer, print the image out in landscape view. Make sure its in landscape!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think you’re on the right track with the design. Just a little help in the design if I may…While your information is good, the logo and text is not centered because of the flag in the lower left corner. You are adjusting your text because of it. The logo and text should sit and read smoothly without the caps in space.

Here is a tip from being a graphic artist for years. The American Flag art work can still be kepted in the card & also allowing you to place all the text where it should be for the best ad effect. Screen back the flag art to about 10% to 20%. This way you can set the flag “behind” all the text and you can also make the flag bigger. All your text and logo information will be where you want it and the flag will be displayed proudly in the background of the card in a lighter shade! Just a thought.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Excellent info, 70ELCO. Good work, Brian. It looks even better if you open it as a .jpg file in a graphics editor software and print to "fit to page".
-dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts