El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The NECOA imprinted windshield sun shades are here, my friends. And, through the actions of our Executive Committee (EC), we significantly bested the target price of $20.00 plus shipping. Earlier, the EC voted to subsidize part of the shipping costs, resulting in a total cost, shipping included, of $20.00 per sun shade! Without the EC's help on shipping and their enabling of an expanded order (250), the cost would have been over $30.00 per shade for these custom printed shades, thus negating the entire sun shade project.

(The Executive Committee is made up of rtatwk, Sharp71, Vicky Wilson, John Harris, quintonsdusty, El bandido, acauth1, & kenrogers1)

These are the accordion, fold-up, type shades. Each sun shade is approximately 22 X 58 inches, but can easily trimmed or folded to fit your specific year model. The outward facing surface is bright white, with our NECOA logo and the slogan "Interesting People Drive Interesting Cars" printed together, centered and approximately 16 X 36 inches in size. You can look at the image below to see exactly what the imprinted area looks like. These shades will provide outstanding advertising for our "brand" - the NECOA at elcaminocentral.com, shouting out our name and website for all to see whether our El Caminos are attended to or not. No more missed opportunities to get our information out to non-affiliated Elky owners!
Now for the business part: Please send your PayPAL payment of $20.00 to [email protected]. PLEASE indicate the type of money transfer as a GIFT, otherwise we will be charged a percentage of the funds you send. You must include your complete name and mailing address. If you need to send a check, mail that to Ken Rogers, 2005 Running Brook Drive, Joshua, Texas, 76058. You must include your complete name and mailing address.

I will mail their shades out just as soon as I receive the order!

Image stolen from Hand Over Fist post!

For information about purchasing NECOA Branded Magnetic plates and 60th Anniversary branded banners and decals, please go to: http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=227242

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Will be on the way via the USPS tomorrow morning.

Thank you to Ken and the E-Board for all of your research and decision-making. Good job. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Bump

Let me remind all those who committed to purchase the Sun Shades in earlier polls that they should follow through on their commitment. These Shades were ordered because of the interest shown and the commitments made by our membership. Please honor your commitments..............Ken

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Payment sent for two shades.. can i have one in silver and one in burgandy wit gold trim? Please?

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PayPAL Payments....................

When making your PayPAL payments for the NECOA Imprinted Sun Shades, PLEASE remember to indicate that it is a GIFT. If you do not use the GIFT feature, the NECOA receives only $19.12 of your $20.00 payment, or $38.24 of your $40.00 payment. Those deductions for fees really add up over 10s of transactions, and costs your Association unnecessarily. Remember we are furnishing the Sun Shades to our members at below what they cost, so help us out all you can. Kudos to those members who have tacked on a couple of dollars extra to help offset some of the postage costs, but it's not expected...................Ken

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I just put in my order through Paypal and I think I did it correctly as a gift. If I didn't please let me know and I will make up the difference.
Harlie

·
Registered
480 Posts
"Gifting" thru Paypal is an often used abuse of the system...much better to tack on a few bucks to cover shipping if needed. The buyer/"gifter" also gives up any recourse should the deal go south. Best to remember nothing is free and if it is it likely isnt worth having. :wink1:

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,437 Posts
Thanks to Ken Rogers and the Executive Committee for the windshield sun shades . Looking forward to getting two as I think I figured out the Paypal challenge . Thanks to the committee of Rtawk , Sharp71 ,Vicky Wilson , John Harris , Quintonsdusty , El Bandido , Acuth 1 and Ken Rogers . We appreciate the time and effort you extend on our behalf :happy:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The following members have indicated their commitment to buying an NECOA imprinted Sun Shade in the polls posted on this Forum and in the narratives of those poll Threads. If you haven't already ordered, please fulfill your commitment. If you believe you have already ordered but find your name still on this list, please contact me at [email protected] so I can find out the problem..............Ken

1979RYLNITE 8t4elky Jackeup68 ElcoToeTruck Roberto C

67 Speedy 68 El Bobby78 elcaminojesse J.P.Jenny Lemmy Lindsay

68 El donaldta elcodude GGS946 Greywolf Matt3294 wsgts Yella85Caballero

1 - 20 of 162 Posts