El Camino Central Forum banner

Website or Facebook ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve Sanders and I had this discussion at lunch the other day and these are just a few of my observations about both pages. I admit I have not used the Website much over the years do to couple of reasons, can be a little hard to use and responses. So I posted two of the exact same posts,1 on Facebook and one on the website. Think I got 10 replies and 169 views on the website and Facebook had 55 likes and 3 comments and 3 shares. They both serve a certain purpose and that is to reach people with the same love and interest of El Camino's. We all have bought and sold cars, found parts, given advise, help with questions, asked questions and even talked about family's and friends and some times losses. I see now they both have there purpose which is to reach an audience that love the same thing. So if you read this and have any comments on ways to make things better or reach more members please comment. Thanks in advance !
Steve and I at Lunch 2.PNG

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
Which answer is which?

I use both.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I prefer the website because it is easier to search later. The saved information is invaluable for people down the road.
Agree. Fb is ok but all the good stuff is here.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Steve Sanders and I had this discussion at lunch the other day and these are just a few of my observations about both pages. I admit I have not used the Website much over the years do to couple of reasons, can be a little hard to use and responses. So I posted two of the exact same posts,1 on Facebook and one on the website. Think I got 10 replies and 169 views on the website and Facebook had 55 likes and 3 comments and 3 shares. They both serve a certain purpose and that is to reach people with the same love and interest of El Camino's. We all have bought and sold cars, found parts, given advise, help with questions, asked questions and even talked about family's and friends and some times losses. I see now they both have there purpose which is to reach an audience that love the same thing. So if you read this and have any comments on ways to make things better or reach more members please comment. Thanks in advance !
View attachment 139428
Agree. Fb is ok but all the good stuff is here.
I only use the website. I don’t care for fb on general principle. Since purchasing my latest elky last year I log on frequently to search for help and to see what others are up to. I think it is a great organization and everyone involved in maintaining and participating in it deserves commendation.

·
Premium Member
9,507 Posts
I also was working with two other car sites that went to Facebook and they are gone every one quit participating.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
no facebook here

Reactions: Kamino60

·
Premium Member
4,936 Posts
ElCaminoCentral is where I go to post or read articles/threads on fixing or improving my El Camino.

Facebook is where I post "What I had for dinner".
No decent search capabilities. Not really useful for research. Hummmm. Not really useful.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I use both , FB is ok for posting photos of your ride , too many people try to use it to ask complex questions which should be asked on ECC where we answer serious questions . They take up to much space on FB . If those people on FB would switch to ECC it would clean up the mess ..

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you to everyone who has replied, I guess it was silly to ask people on one platform to choose from another. But still important to discuss among the members. There are no less then a dozen websites or Facebook pages for G Body's but I will admit NECOA was the first page I joined. I guess I need to ask the same question on our Facebook page.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I love El Camino Central , I hesitated to use FB , I only use the Elco page , did not accept any friends or people that may know me . Not private enough.
I read Art Blum moved over there , so I went to look see .love the El caminos so much . so thats why .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts