El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Newb here. I joined today, because this seems to be the best place to get help, identifying parts that I have, and want to sell.
Background-
In 2002, I inherited a 1965 El Camino, that dad owned, and had started doing a resto-mod on it. Nothing spectacular. He simply wanted a dolled-up El Camino, to be his every day driver. Not a hot rod, not a show piece, but one that looked good, and ran right. He had taken the rolling chassis in, and had the 4-wheel disc brakes and suspension installed, from a 1972 Monte Carlo. He then bought a huge amount of reproduction parts, to begin making it nearly like new again.
Around this time, he took gravely ill, and passed away. Before I could get to CA to pick up the El Camino, his wife (not my mom) scrapped the El Camino, at a junkyard. She thought it was an eyesore in her driveway. Fortunately, neither she, nor her lazy son, had the ambition to do anything with the parts stored in her garage. After she passed away in 2010, and we cleaned out her house, dividing up the property, of course, I wound up with the El Camino parts. They have sat, for the last 6 years in my garage, and now that I am cleaning out the garage, and trying to organize things, its time to sell the parts. The problem is, since I wasn't the one who ordered them, I'm not sure what all of the parts are. I've identified most of them, but have several left, that I have no clue what they are, or in the case of 2 parts, I can tell what they are, but have no idea what they are called. Those two parts, are the brackets that support the headlight bucket assemblies.
Is there a thread, here on the forums, where I can get help identifying these parts, and finding a value? I'd love to list the parts here, for sale, but, I've just joined, and this is my first post. I need 24 more posts, before I can list them. Hopefully, I'll have them sold soon enough.
Thanks in advance, for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
  • long rectangular bits with the pair of large holes are the backing plates for the headlamps, headlamp buckets mount to these
  • no idea what the bluish items are
  • the irregular shaped black parts - I believe are grill braces but I could be wrong there
  • the shiny piece is the tailgate drop brace, installed in pairs (one each side) they limit how far the tailgate opens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  • long rectangular bits with the pair of large holes are the backing plates for the headlamps, headlamp buckets mount to these
  • no idea what the bluish items are
  • the irregular shaped black parts - I believe are grill braces but I could be wrong there
  • the shiny piece is the tailgate drop brace, installed in pairs (one each side) they limit how far the tailgate opens.
Headlamp backing plates-That was the one that I knew what they were, but didnt know the nomenclature.
Grille braces? Hmmmmm. Never thought of that possibility.
The bluish items, for some reason, strike me as interior parts. Im thinking dashboard supports, or some such thing. The color is really a primer gray, (I believe-I am color blind) but shiny. It seems thar they're finished that way, because they are mounted somewhere unseen, like inside the doors or dashboard.
Tailgate drop brace-Another that I was fairly sure what it did, but had no clue what to call it. Unfortunately, I only have the one.

THANK YOU, SO MUCH.
:You_Rock:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more ???

Can anyone tell me what these 14" x 8" wheels originally came on?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are a mid seventies ralleye wheel. They were used on a few things, mostly Camero's and Nova's.

Thank you, very much.
Now, to find the other two center caps. I have all 4 beauty rims, but only two caps.

Thanks for the help, everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also have the inner fenders

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks to everyone, for the warm welcome, and speedy assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts