El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope some one can help me with a simple problem. I will probably kick myself :dontknow: when I am told how to solve it. I bought a '67 El Camino (less engine and trans), recently from some people that gave up on the project. The wiring has been a nightmare to get figured out, but I'm making progress. I was trying to get everything sorted out before I take the car completely apart. Can some one tell me where does the green wire coming from the ground side of the ignition switch harness finally ends up. I traced it through the junction block terminal on the fire wall and it extends about three feet out and it's just sitting on left inner fenderwell but the wire is ripped and can't find where it was leading to. Some one told me it is suppose to be attached to the ground wire coming off the head lights mounted on front bulkhead for the head lights. I want to know for certain, I don't want to just guess or assume I was told the truth. Anybody out there know.

Thanks, BC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I appreciate your help. If I am looking at it right that green wire is headed to the temp. switch. I will be using a mechanical temp gauge. So maybe I can do with out this wire. I will do more home work and play around with the stuff. I got the ignition to work right and engage an old loose starter I hooked up, so I know my starting circut is working correctly. Thanks again for the diagrams, this will help with the other stuff.

BC

·
Registered
555 Posts
BC,

If you're not familar with all the wires and what they go to, you don't want to cut them out just yet.

If you come across a wire like this green one that you probably will not use, just roll it up and tuck it out of the way for now. After you get the car running and all the lights and accessories working then you can go back and cut off any wires that are not being used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BC,

If you're not familar with all the wires and what they go to, you don't want to cut them out just yet.

If you come across a wire like this green one that you probably will not use, just roll it up and tuck it out of the way for now. After you get the car running and all the lights and accessories working then you can go back and cut off any wires that are not being used.
Yes , yes, LOL.... I know this. I learned the hard way years ago, hahaha. I even go as far as tagging the wires as to where they go. I aint going to pretend I'm the sharpest knife in the box, lol. I need all the help I can get.:yell::dontknow::smileyb:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
chevrolet used green wires for the horn circuit for many years, so it may be that one too.

:dontknow: :secret:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts