El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all AC guru's. Here is my problem. The air out of the vents were in the 60's, so I figured it was low on freon. I put a little in and waited and it didn't seem to work. So, I put more in and waited, all in all I put a whole 12oz can in it and it doesn't seem to have done anything. I don't know what the pressure was before I added the can, but I hooked my gauges up and this is what I got. It was around 100* the day I checked and the car was idling around 1000 rpm. When I first turned on the AC the hi side was 260 and the low side 40. After about 5 mins the hi side went to 300 and the low side was 52. I think it is way to high and might be over charged now. What pressure should I be looking for to get this thing blowing cold again?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
What refrigerant are you using?

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Skip
Yeah that's the problem too. We can't expect everyone to sit at the keyboard waiting to answer. But the factors keep changing. Pressures change, ambient temps change... So how do you really get an answer?
The best way would be to charge with a scale. But scales aren't cheap. Especially when you are not going to use them everyday.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Sounds a little high, check your fan clutch before charging anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts