El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1965 el camino that has a 1964 front clip on it. I am going to switch it back to 65 front end so have been looking for all the parts. Here is the question. What OTHER 1965 chevrolet cars will have the same front end. I found a malibu wagon on craigslist, will it work? I know there is some experts on this forum that can tell me what will and will not work so please let me know, i might make a trip this weekend if you can tell me what will work. thanks in advance, Robert

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Bumpers, front filler and bumper brackets are not the same.I have heard that the doors are not all the same size for all model chevelles.Wagons, I believe, have slightly narrower doors. Hardtops have different windshields. I am fairly certain that headlamp buckets, core support hardware are the same.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Robert,

According to my sources the front clips mount the same. The trim is the biggest notable difference. The Elky should have no trim at all. Some of the wagons had a mid fender trim and a badge thus, they may have a few extra holes in them. I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts