El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and I have a 1984 El Camino, and since I got her I have been battling with the AC and heater. I have finally got them to blow through the vents, before it would only go through the defroster and floor. Turns out all needed needed to do was to plug the line into the EGR valve but the things I replaced needed replacement anyways. Now my problem is that the heater and the ac take a few minutes before they actually start blowing from the vents, and the ac isn't really blowing cold air. It is slightly cold but it feels more like a fan. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Your vacuum pod needs to be plugged into a full manifold vacuum port. That way it will work as soon as it's on. If memory serves the EGR Port isn't drawing full vacuum until engine speed get up there, that's why there is a delay. Not blowing cold could be several things, is the clutch kicking in on the compressor, if not a good set of AC gages would be needed to further diagnose it.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
New B

:Welcome: Nathan, x2 on both statements above, also if refrigerant is low there is a preasure switch on the drier to keep the compressor from coming on if its low.
From Nick & Don
Grove City, Ohio :newbie: bowtie smile

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanks. I will have to check all those things and figure out what I have to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts