El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
881 Posts
It's not too custom, but I've always liked to put co-axial 4X10's in the front of the lower door panels and 8" or 10" woofers in speaker boxes behind the seats. I'm not a big audiophile but they sound pretty good to me.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
In the 76 I had mounted speakers 6" in the front and in the rear along the pillars there is a place for factory speakers. I removed a bunch of "News Paper out of the Pillars" and installed some 9 X 4 or something like that Co-Axial.
I'm not a big audiophile but they sound pretty good to me.
Ditto.

Funny thing is after I got the 383 installed and the other upgrades the CD will not play if I am on the highway. If I am just barely cruising then the CD works alright, skips some. But then, it is cheap too. Some day I'll do something with it. :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I men CUSTOM

Guess I wasnt real clear. Im looking for a custon job. Maybe a couple 15" subs mounted on a custom wall that opens and closes by remote? Something different that really stands out!

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey, ive been looking into doin a custom job myself. I plan on moving my spare to the bed (building a frame of some sort to hold it) and putting some subs behind the seats in that trunk thing. Heres a thread from another board about the same topic.

http://www.chevytalk.org/threads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB47&Number=163261&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

that should help ya out with some ideas.I like how clean it makes behind the seats with a wall of speakers instead of piling them onto the floor in sperate boxes.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Custom job huh? Well alrighty then! How bout you turn the entire bed into a giant speaker cabinet. You could probably fit at least eight or ten 15" subwoofers back there along with 3000 watts of power amps, :listen: cover with a hard tonneau cover. Orrrrrrrr you could probably do something more realistic like acauth1 the site administrator did! I like his job and you probably won't need a 10hp generator to power the amps. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im not going crazy

Im not wanting to go crazy, just very nice. Any pics of the admin job he did?

·
Registered
46 Posts
speakers

You could put custom kick panels in, any local yocal audio shop should do this for around $70 plus speakers. put a good sub in the back and some speakers in there aswell for rear fill. I am going to take my cargo space in back and build a custom wall for some 8's or 10's.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually Mike, that idea had run through my head a few times :twisted:
Dont worry its just a thought...

I'll be doing just about what Robert did, only I'll be keeping my spare (in the bed somehow). Ive got a pair of 400watt Legacy 10s and an 800watt 2-channel amp for the lows (i like lows). Ive also got a pair of 3-way 6.5" speakers for the midrange. All of these will be on the wall I plan on putting together, should be interesting.

I thought about building kickpanels, but based on my soundstage, I dont think I need them. If anything I would just put speakers in the doors and keep my leg room.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
With my Elky, I installed 3rd gen Camaro 6x9 mounting and baffling in the lower corners of the cargo area behind the seat. They mount snug in the corners, and dont get in the way at all. In the cargo area itself I have two JL Audio 10's with plans for a 200w 2 channel amp (havn't bought the amp yet). With the rear curtain installed, al that can be seen is the two 6x9 grills. The rest is completly hidden.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts