El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a passenger door (1980) with no guts in it and I have all the internal stuff for power windows and locks.

I have no problem seeing how the power lock solenoid goes in, but all the tracks and things for the window are confusing. My service manual only shows the manual window guts and they're different.

Does anyone have any pics or illustrations of how all those parts go together?

Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
if anyone does, post them here, don't PM them. I have 2 doors like his ^^^^ but I have no idea if I have all the stuff for inside them or not.

:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
take those pics while the door skins are off (see your other post)

:poke:

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
This might help. If you look where all the bolts are the tracks will only fit where there are holes in the door at the same length.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics. I have the old door with everything in it. Then some pics of how I think it goes back in. The top bar bolts to the bottom of the window. The diagonal bar bolts to the door.
The power door lock is on the right side of the pic. It simply bolts to the door.

I have two questions.
1. Where does the short bar in the pic go?
2. Does that spiral spring get installed under tension or loose?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Springs are always easiest installed under as little tension as possible. Checked both old chilton manuals I have laying around,couldn't find where the small track or brace goes.As usual,those manuals don,t have much of any info I can't figure out myself anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The spring in the driver's door is under tension when the window is up. As the window rolls down the spring wraps and the tension increases.

This spring, for the passenger door, doesn't have any tension on it at all and it's too strong to try to wrap it around a turn.I'm just going to put everything back in and see how the spring fits.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I got the door back together. This pic of the motor and drive is correct except the long bar goes on the top and the short bar should be on the bottom of the pic.

The long bar bolts to the bottom of the window. The short bar bolts to the door.

I don't have the spring installed. Still don't know how it goes.

Jack
[edit] Both of the rollers go in the long bar. The roller on the window goes in the vertical bar (flip the bar over CW to align the slot with the roller). I should have arranged them correctly and taken another pic before I installed the whole mess.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts