El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me figure out what this little lightbulb looking thing is? It is located near the starter motor, perhaps it is a connector eyelette to be screwed to a solanoid post?

I need some help from you electrical wizards... What do you think?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll be more specific in the problem. I am putting the cluster from a '73 SS elky into my idiot light 77 sprint. I have found the schematics though there is no legend to diagrams.
I am working on connecting the amp meter (original equipment). It looks like one orange lead goes to one of the fusable links on the solonoid. the other goes somewhere near the horn relay though I am not sure exactly where to find it on the vehicle. Near each connecting point. there is a light bulb looking symbol that sometimes has diagnal lines and sometimes is filled with black pie with 1/4 missing. What is the significance of the different symobls. Likely different fusable links ( which I am not really sure what a fusable link is or looks like) Basiclly I have 2 questions:
1. where do I connect the amp meter leads
2. Where are, and what do fusable links look like, are there different kinds?

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated before I get started in the change over..

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Loren been thinking about your drawing and questions so here goes.

A fusable link is basically a piece of wire that works like a fuse. It's hard to tell a fusable link from any other piece of wire. There are different ratings of fusable links just like there are fuses.

The symbol that you are pointing to above I believe they are trying to show both sides of that fusable link. I don't know what the other symbol stands for.

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
The symbols represent ring terminals on the end of the wire. The different colors, hash marks etc. on the inside of the rings are visual aides to show that if there are two or more of the same, they share the same connection point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts