El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I'm not sure if im on the right page, but I got an 87 elko. with a lot of parts that being removed from engine. in other words, my tags are coming up and need to smog the car and now the person who was helping me out for the last 6yrs aint no longer doing it. if anyone know or can help me out to get my tag will appreciate. let me know thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
What all is missing? Its tough to help without a little more information.

Rick

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I’m in Ventura county “Oxnard” ..I’m sure exactly the names and parts. But a mechanic has told me it’s going to be tuff get it smog the right way because its missing all parts for it to pass smog. Now I did wanted to get all parts or engine in the past, that’s when I had posted a topic but then a buddy came in and helped me out. But no longer doing it.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
so it sounds like you have everything running, but you are missing the smog pump equipment? is that correct?

this is going to have to be a question for our Cali members. They'll know better than anyone what will and what won't get it to pass inspection.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Our city library (Wichita, KS) has factory manuals, not just Haynes/Chilton. If your library does, you can see all the parts, wiring, hoses, how it's all laid out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YEs that’s what I’m thinking of doing for my next step on getting a manual book . If I still want it up and running properly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts