El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Original link: http://www.reddit.com/r/WT F/comments/rjl42/a_customer_came_into_my_shop_driving_on_this_she/ (remove the space, apparently, double U, Tee, Eff is too dirty to be allowed)

here's the back story. This was pretty early in the morning, we're in the office when we hear this god awful scraping coming from the road. We go outside as this lady is pulling into our parking lot, passenger front tire completely gone, driving solely on the rim. She asked if we could fix it and we explain we can't, we need to replace the rim and tire. She says she can't afford it, so we swap one of the back tires up front and put the donut on the back (she didn't know how to swap a tire, obviously). After that she went on her way. She wasn't a bitch about anything, and she was actually very calm. In all she was just plain stupid.

I may not be able to change an oil filter, but at least I know when my tires have had it.:beer:

EDIT: best comment: "It's a Cavalier. She probably didn't even make an effort to own that car.
I assume a Cavalier shows up in your driveway one day, having been abandoned by the previous owner, and you just go 'aww **** I guess I've got a Cavalier.'"

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
They live among us, reminds me of my sister Bernice rode with a wheel bearning making noise and all she did was turn the radio up. The hub welded itself to the spindle!! That was a job replacing the spindlen in a parking lot.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
"The spare was flat and I got up tight, there wasent a fillin station in sight. So I just limped on down the shoulder on the rim." Charlie Daniels, Uneasy Rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts