El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put my new wheels American Racing Iroc's 16 x 8 0 offset, tires Pirelli's P6 plus 225/60r/16
What a difference in the way the truck handles and feels. Now it's like driving a luxury cruck. I loved my 18's but this is the only way to go for the ride and they look sharp with the color of my El Camino. There's a couple of pictures.:nanawrench::nanawrench:

Time to put the old one's away and there spoken for.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all now it's back to my new motor. It seems we where having a problem with the dipstick of all things but I think I'm good to go.

Thanks again everyone .:You_Rock:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love the wheels on your truck! I was pretty set on the later model spoke wheels form a blazer, but those are something to think about. Looks great man and good luck on the motor!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks really sharp!

What year IROC did they come off of?, and what is the offset number? These look really good, and I'd like to locate a set for my El Camino. Here in California we have an abundance of " factory " wheels, mostly because of the younger guys wanting fancy aftermarket tires and rims. I see all kinds of stock sets for Chevy mid-size vehicles, and they go cheap, even with good tires!

I'm just a bit out of touch on the actual offset required for a 1987 El Camino.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looks really sharp!

What year IROC did they come off of?, and what is the offset number? These look really good, and I'd like to locate a set for my El Camino. Here in California we have an abundance of " factory " wheels, mostly because of the younger guys wanting fancy aftermarket tires and rims. I see all kinds of stock sets for Chevy mid-size vehicles, and they go cheap, even with good tires!

I'm just a bit out of touch on the actual offset required for a 1987 El Camino.

American Racing 16x8 zero offset

Try here
www.originalwheels.com Chino Ca.

Pep boys has a lot on clearance 15x7 17x8 $69.00 ea. proline

go to the "see what they look like on your ride" page it lists that they come in 15s or 16s.

Size 15"
* Size: 7x15"
* Offset: -6
* Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3"
* US Price: $69.00

Size 16"
* Size: 8X16"
* Offset: 0
* Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3"
* US Price: $74

http://www.pepboys.com/tires_wheels/.../custom_wheels
is where i went and it gave the details when you clicked on "details" personally i like the 139s over those. yours look like older f-150/ranger/b

Here's a sample $79.00 ea. proline but the center cap says American Racing Re-boxed proline?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice! IROCs look great,all chrome.
I have a set on my 68 I polished the clear coat off it was starting to chip and yellow,I left the silver painted parts between each spoke and polished the hell out of the rest.
Thank god for mothers, brake clean and steel wool.
:beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice! IROCs look great,all chrome.
I have a set on my 68 I polished the clear coat off it was starting to chip and yellow,I left the silver painted parts between each spoke and polished the hell out of the rest.
Thank god for mothers, brake clean and steel wool.
:beer:

I just went to Big Lots and they had the red plastic bottle of Mothers chrome polish for $3.50 and micro fiber towels that are huge like the bathroom towel you through on the floor at the hotel to step on $5.30 and there nice and thick like the good ones. They also had turtle wax black & shine wet tire? It's a gel for $2.50 for a nice size bottle and my tires came out bitc*n and not super shinny. They also had other Mothers products that aren't off the wall crap.
Robert

·
Registered
158 Posts
i just picked up 4 front iroc rims 16 " single stripe . does anyone have these that are running the 225/55/16 ? if yes can you post a pic i'd like to get an idea of how they will look on my caballero .
thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just put my new wheels American Racing Iroc's 16 x 8 0 offset, tires Pirelli's P6 plus 225/60r/16
What a difference in the way the truck handles and feels. Now it's like driving a luxury cruck. I loved my 18's but this is the only way to go for the ride and they look sharp with the color of my El Camino. There's a couple of pictures.:nanawrench::nanawrench:

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/Build%20time%20line%20may%2030th%202012/100_1761.jpg?t=1338654263

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/Build time line may 30th 2012/100_1757.jpg?t=1338654583

Time to put the old one's away and there spoken for.

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/HKDUP87/Build time line may 30th 2012/100_1745.jpg?t=1338600668

I've really been struggling with wheel choice for Project Jesus. Cost and fitment worried me as well as long term care. I looked all over, Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and Summit Radcing catalog and couldn't find the right wheel tire combo. I think your set up is the best I've seen on a 5th Gen. I ordered the American Racing IROC Replicas and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Your ride looks awesome and I'm looking forward to how Jesus will look with Midnight Bronze Metallic paint and a great set of wheels sparkling in the sun.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've really been struggling with wheel choice for Project Jesus. Cost and fitment worried me as well as long term care. I looked all over, Discount Tire, Tire Rack, and Summit Radcing catalog and couldn't find the right wheel tire combo. I think your set up is the best I've seen on a 5th Gen. I ordered the American Racing IROC Replicas and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Your ride looks awesome and I'm looking forward to how Jesus will look with Midnight Bronze Metallic paint and a great set of wheels sparkling in the sun.
You won't be disappointed.:nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Agre with you on the ride, I had 50 series at first and the dash even rattled with the new springs and the lower profile tires. Changed to 60 series and the good ride is back. I am running 255 in back with 235 in front. No rubbing and the load carrying capacity is so much more with the 60's versus the 50's. I was going to go with 16's but got a deal on 15x7 and 15x8 and I am glad I did, the wheel wheels are filled to my tasted now.Your truck looks awesome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts