El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just switched from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel rochester quadrajet and it runs great when your running only on the primaries until i open it up and the secondaries open up then it idles very high until i shut it down i think they are getting to much fuel, could it be the float level i didnt have a chart with my rebuild kit and cant find any information on the float levels of my carb could really use some help with this

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
just switched from a 2 barrel to a 4 barrel rochester quadrajet and it runs great when your running only on the primaries until i open it up and the secondaries open up then it idles very high until i shut it down i think they are getting to much fuel, could it be the float level i didnt have a chart with my rebuild kit and cant find any information on the float levels of my carb could really use some help with this

I have all the info but I need the number off the carb to give you the right float level theres to many different ones' and the size of the motor and I have all carb ajd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Secondary Throttle plates aren't seating properly. If there isn't any play in the shaft, check to see if the plates bind in the base. if not, lube the shaft & linkage with WD-40 or equivalent:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
5,782 Posts
X3 The secondary plates are not closing properly. Since it runs good until you open them the float level and etc with the primaries can't be too far off and wouldn't cause that problem anyways.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
The carb itself came off of a 1975 chevrolet, unsure of the engine size

I can't find your number off the carb. it is a Rochester correct? their numbers run 17081202/17085526 etc. it does show some holly's but nothing like yours:dontknow: also the type maybe like E2ME/M4MC ETC.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts