El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rewiring my 86 GMC and have questions about the power door locks and the power windows. First the windows: I believe I can keep the same connectors and just supply the power to the existing crossover behind the dash. Am I ok with doing that?

Next, power door locks; I'm not so sure here - if I keep the same connectors and using the crossover behind the dash (same as pwr windows), do I supply the power to the power door lock relay and we're good to go? This one I'm not so sure about.

So, all you who have rewired their rides and have pwr locks/windows - chime in, need your do's and don't and how you did it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have said "Need help" with new harness and pwr door lock/windows. After tracing down the wires in the crossover behind the dash, I have the windows figured out and now I think I have the power door locks figured also. I'm using a Painless 18-circuit GM keyed column. I've pretty much figured out all the connecitons, but the relay for the door locks had me guessing for just a short time.:???: Things are looking up. Hope to have this thing running this summer - it has been a long time under construction.

Cheers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts