Registered
4,135 Posts
Looks good.

You gots some good ideas upstairs.

Whoda thunkit.:poke:

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
what kind of gauges are those? They're awesome...

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I saw those on the H.A.M.B. site and the guy said they were from NewVintage

here's a listing they have for 70-72 elkies

http://www.newvintageusa.com/news.html

here's the ones like I showed above, but with black faces. they are on the bottom right corner of this page. note that this is their "custom shop" page, and they claim they can make whatever you want. like the old prince song said, "let's go craaazzzyy!"

http://www.newvintageusa.com/custom-sets.html

I really like these gauges (but in white, will have orange/amber lights in them!) because everything you need for gauges and indicators is all there in two 5 inch gauges.

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will use 18 gauge sheetmetal like I used on my floors.

:poke:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
There is a place near me that supplies body parts and sheetmetal to body shops and repair shops. They have 3 X 6 ft. sheets of 18ga for $39.95. They also have every kind of fastener and clip ever used on a car or truck, singly or by the box.

If you can't find a supplier like that near you, talk to a local modified or hobby stock car driver. They use LOTS of sheet metal, and can tell you where to get it. That's how I found out about this place.

I go to walmart when they are restocking the toilet paper. on the pallets of 36 and 48 count rolls of tp, they put cardboard between the layers. This cardboard is the same stuff like you find on the back of writing tablets, but this is 4ft X 4ft sheets. I will get 4-6 sheets of this at a time. I use it to make patterns/mockups. Is free, can cut it with scissors, tape it back together if you cut off too much, and can write directly on it with pen/pencil/marker. Make the patterns out of the cardboard, then trace onto sheetmetal.

Ya gotta have smart brains man!

:nanawrench:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
...This will look good in my 74 Elky....

...Thanks for the website..:beer::You_Rock:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
So where's the center arrow that points at you saying ( I'm with the dummy):poke:
I like the idea!!:beer:
Donny

1 - 17 of 17 Posts