El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there ;-)

since today I'm a very proud owner of a '83 El Camino with 305 V8 Engine. I'm going to read much here about repairing, some restauration and original parts. Currently I'm searching for original tie down eyes.
My Elky was manufactured in Texas, was then driven by someone in California and then shipped over to the Netherlands. From there it was sold in 2015 to someone Germany who made much restoration on the Camino and then sold it to the owner I got it from.

I live near Bonn. Are there some Elky drivers next to Bonn or Cologne around here, too?

Cheers :-D

·
Premium Member
8,124 Posts
Hi Evil.2000, welcome from Idaho. glad you've joined us. Hope you can make friends with others where you are. Have fun with your 83 and enjoy the community.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,708 Posts
Welcome from Florida
We like pics

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I live near Bonn. Are there some Elky drivers next to Bonn or Cologne around here, too?

Cheers :-D
try the Regional forum thread...

I know we have some members who live in north and central Germany

here are some...

Oerf (Bremen)

Thorsten_Schuster (Hamburg)

scorpius (Luxembourg)

derweg (Baden)

Contact them and see who else you can link up with

Guten abend! (or should it be Guten Morgen by the time you read this?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone :-D.
Yesterday I got my Elky from the seller and had my first short ride :) . I love the 305 V8 which is running fine. But some small things have to be done on the Elky. The door window seals became hard over the years so should replace them, the A/C was removed, the power lock isn't working anymore and power window lever on the drivers side for operating the passengers side is reversed.
So I have do to some work in the wintertime.
Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts