El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I bought an 85 ElCamino about 2 years ago from the original owner. His wife decided that her husband would like a "girl" to have it so out of three potential new owners, I was the lucky recipient. She is incredibly nice. Not a stain or flaw to the upholstery. Even the carpet is mint. 60k miles and 1000 are mine. She now has a fully winterized garage for the salt months and continues to be babied but also enjoyed.
I do need to get new tires which is what brought me here. I am considering new wheels as well but with the two tone tan I want to keep the lines clean. I look forward to researching in the various threads and galleries found within.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Welcome!
Nice looking EC.
Treated better than I could ever imagine. My wife frequently puts me out in the garage. There's no heat out there for this old salt. Tough in the winter months. ;)
Tires are a subjective matter but the most popular appear to be Cooper Cobra GT and BF Goodrich TA Radials.
I've used them both and like them both. The Cobra's look slighter sportier IMO.
Enjoy that beautiful EC.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same exact Elky with almost the same miles on it. I have the stock rims it came with but looking to upgrade to maybe a rally wheel and keep the tires. The white walls really pop and work with the overly 80s theme.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi. I bought an 85 ElCamino about 2 years ago from the original owner. His wife decided that her husband would like a "girl" to have it so out of three potential new owners, I was the lucky recipient. She is incredibly nice. Not a stain or flaw to the upholstery. Even the carpet is mint. 60k miles and 1000 are mine. She now has a fully winterized garage for the salt months and continues to be babied but also enjoyed.
I do need to get new tires which is what brought me here. I am considering new wheels as well but with the two tone tan I want to keep the lines clean. I look forward to researching in the various threads and galleries found within.
Thanks.
Welcome from the Florida Keys . Nice find ;)
Thanks. Will post pics as soon as I read the how-to. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the same exact Elky with almost the same miles on it. I have the stock rims it came with but looking to upgrade to maybe a rally wheel and keep the tires. The white walls really pop and work with the overly 80s theme.
Yes, I was thinking maybe a rally wheel as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome!
Nice looking EC.
Treated better than I could ever imagine. My wife frequently puts me out in the garage. There's no heat out there for this old salt. Tough in the winter months. ;)
Tires are a subjective matter but the most popular appear to be Cooper Cobra GT and BF Goodrich TA Radials.
I've used them both and like them both. The Cobra's look slighter sportier IMO.
Enjoy that beautiful EC.
Thank you. Very helpful. I'll check out both.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Welcome from Oxford, Ga. Mine came with 14s and I upgraded to ‘86-‘88 Monte Carlo SS 15” aluminum wheels and 235/60/15 Radial T/As. The size looks meatier, fits well and have the same height as original, so no speedo error. I like these and the rally wheels, too.
Patrick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts