El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New to this forum site.My name's bassbob,and I'm looking to buy my first "coupe utility vehicle".fyi looking at an 85'.It has P215/75R14's. I'm thinking of buying the following wheel/tire combo.Keystone Klassic rims, 15"x6" size, 3" bask space. Tire, P215/70R 15 (appx 26.9" tall). The 14" are appx 26.7" tall, so I'm thinking I shouldn't have any fitment issues. No, I'm not looking to race/autocross/ etc. Just a nice looking daily driver. I'll be looking at other mods in the future. So, am I safe with the proposed wheel/tire combo? Your thoughts please!

·
Premium Member
7,867 Posts
Hi bassoon, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. I have 15x7 tires on my 78. It had 14's on it when my son bought it, he upped it to the 15's with no issues. Best of luck with your purchase. Enjoy and have fun.

·
Deputy Director, Region 3 PA (west)
1,571 Posts
Nothing wrong with your choice and they should fit fine. if you're buying new wheels, I would suggest going for a 7" wide wheel with 3.5 to 4" backspace. Still no fitment issues and the wider wheel will accept wider tires, should you choose to change later and will be more marketable if you later upgrade and choose to sell them. If you haven't done it yet, read this post on 5th gens. 5th Gen wheel / tire fitment

Bill

4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hagensen78, Thanks for the welcome to Idaho! It's nice to be welcome somewhere! (lol). I appreciate your timely response. Bill, ditto! I chose that size as Summit had em' in stock, but good advice! I'll check Summit/Jegs etc.
Patrick, I did consider the 235's, I wanted to stay close to the 26.7" 14" tire, as I'm kinda lazy and didn't want to mess
with the speedo..Still need to make the buy, and, um, sell my truck to pay for it. I'm glad I joined up, and research
the info available.(research first, THEN buy). Guys, Thanks again, and more soon!
bassbob

4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Russ Camino,
I appreciate you input! fyi, my sister and family live in Pittsburg, we've visited a time or two.
A lovely city, nice people! As a newguy, it's another (of many no doubt!), duh moments.
I'll check the fitment guide. Thanks again!
Be well,
bassbob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts