El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from South Orange County California. I had a ‘65 SS-327 that my Dad willed to me back in 1969 when he passed. I drove that baby for about 12 years. I recently inherited a ‘65 from a cousin who passed in January after a long bout with cancer. It’s in rough condition but it runs. He replaced the stock engine with what he said is a 350. I haven’t had time to really dig under the hood but it looks like camel hump heads and it does have headers. I’d like to make it my daily driver by next year. I’m looking forward to tips and advice from all the great folks in this community. Thanks for being out there!

·
Premium Member
4,207 Posts
Welcome @Yo Chaz to Region 18 from a '70 in South Orange County California.

To get to the Frequently Asked Questions for how the site works, try this.
In the upper right of the screen there is a Site Navigation icon that looks like three dots stacked on top of each other.
Left mouse click on it, and the drop down below appears.
Select FAQ for Frequently Asked Questions.
It may help with things like: Adding images to posts, How to set up your Show Case. How to start Conversations (Private Messages).

Old Bear - Gale and his Capistrano cats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from South Orange County California. I had a ‘65 SS-327 that my Dad willed to me back in 1969 when he passed. I drove that baby for about 12 years. I recently inherited a ‘65 from a cousin who passed in January after a long bout with cancer. It’s in rough condition but it runs. He replaced the stock engine with what he said is a 350. I haven’t had time to really dig under the hood but it looks like camel hump heads and it does have headers. I’d like to make it my daily driver by next year. I’m looking forward to tips and advice from all the great folks in this community. Thanks for being out there!
Greeting from hot Phoenix,Arizona .New to the Camino Central but also have a 65 & here to help in any way I can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome @Yo Chaz to Region 18 from a '70 in South Orange County California.

To get to the Frequently Asked Questions for how the site works, try this.
In the upper right of the screen there is a Site Navigation icon that looks like three dots stacked on top of each other.
Left mouse click on it, and the drop down below appears.
Select FAQ for Frequently Asked Questions.
It may help with things like: Adding images to posts, How to set up your Show Case. How to start Conversations (Private Messages).

Old Bear - Gale and his Capistrano cats
View attachment 130682
Thanks Old Bear! I see you’re in Capo. I’m in Mission Viejo. My ‘65 is currently at a friends office / yard in San Pedro. He’s restoring several cars of his own there and was kind enough to let me bring my ‘65 there. I had to get it out of my Cousin’s yard in Rialto where there is also a ‘70 El Camino in very rough shape - no engine or tranny but there is an extra frame/chassis there also. While I’m here discovering tips and tricks to help in my ‘65 resto I also want to help my cousin’s family find a new home for the ’70. Appreciate any guidance that comes along.

Yo Chaz

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greeting from hot Phoenix,Arizona .New to the Camino Central but also have a 65 & here to help in any way I can.
Thank you.
Thanks Leon! I think my first project with my ‘65 will be adding front disc brakes, replacing the single master cylinder with a dual along with a new booster and brake lines. I’ll be searching for tips for that project.
Y C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts