El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm glad i found this web site!!! It's great Im building a 1980 elky 350 4 bolt with all the goodies and factory 4 speed
Dave :-D

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Welcome to ECC Dave :D Great...I'm planning a similar swap for my 84, finally gathered up all the pieces I need for the 4 speed. Still haven't decided on what to build for an engine though, still kicking around the idea of a fuel injected IV Gen big block, if not, a 383. I'm going to use a Borg Warner Super T-10 and found a very rare reconditioned bellhousing for the 11"disc and 168 tooth flywheel. Most made for 5th Gen Elkys were the 10 1/2" disc 153 tooth flywheel bellhousings. Let me know if I can be of any help. Take plenty of pics of the conversion, I'm sure they'll be very helpful to myself and to other ECC members.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome!!!! My elky is factory 4 speed so no conversion but i did have a hard time with headers hitting clutch linkage. I tride different types even shorty headers I ended up sending my headers out and had 1 pipe modified to fit. I have been told my car is rare there wasnt many 4 speeds in 80. The car is still in the works i will post some pics when i get pictures back i dont have a digital camara.
Dave :-D

·
Banned
881 Posts
HW BAG said:
I have been told my car is rare there wasnt many 4 speeds in 80.
The last year that the four speed was offered was 1981. So there were probably quite a few made. The four speed was only offered with the LG4 305 engine in 80. The question is...how many survived?

:mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts